Halp Android devices

so i'm thinkin about getting a tmobile android phone. this a good idea or not?

i still use a razr v2 that i'm happy with, but i almost always use bluetooth now so i no longer need a phone that operates primarily as a... phone.

so i'm thinkin about getting a tmobile android phone. this a good idea or not?

i still use a razr v2 that i'm happy with, but i almost always use bluetooth now so i no longer need a phone that operates primarily as a... phone.

I love my android. And other than rooting, Im pretty sure that ODS does as well. With TMobile, obviously make sure that you have coverage. Once you get away from major highways and city centers, their coverage is lacking.

Tmobile in my area is the fastest service you can get. If you hold out of a phone that supports HSPA+ you will get even faster speeds. Yet HSPA+ coverage areas are few and far between. If you travel a lot, I'd suggest a bigger cell phone company. If you don't travel much, or don't care about lack of reception while traveling, and you hate contracts and would like to purchase your phone outright and then pay less on a month to month plan, then T-Mobile is the way to go.

I absolutely love my myTouch 3g Slide, and I love android.

Tmobile in my area is the fastest service you can get. If you hold out of a phone that supports HSPA+ you will get even faster speeds. Yet HSPA+ coverage areas are few and far between. If you travel a lot, I'd suggest a bigger cell phone company. If you don't travel much, or don't care about lack of reception while traveling, and you hate contracts and would like to purchase your phone outright and then pay less on a month to month plan, then T-Mobile is the way to go.

I absolutely love my myTouch 3g Slide, and I love android.

There are some HSPA towers in Tampa and the N1 supports it. Sadly, not all over. Just did a speed test at home and got 761/412. :(

not really worried about speed, otherwise i'd get sprint. they rolled out 4g here a long time ago... but i'm happy with tmobile overall as a service provider and would like to stick with them.

samsung galaxy s series good?

There are some HSPA towers in Tampa and the N1 supports it. Sadly, not all over. Just did a speed test at home and got 761/412. :(

ewww!!! I'd be pissed with those speeds.

I average around 2.5/1.5

Have seen it up around 3.8/3

not really worried about speed, otherwise i'd get sprint. they rolled out 4g here a long time ago... but i'm happy with tmobile overall as a service provider and would like to stick with them.

HSPA is basically the same as 4G. HSPA+ is a hell of a lot faster than 4G. I believe it maxes out around 21mb/s?

Other than being a samsung, yes - big yes. They have a poor history of support with their phones. And their Touchwiz interface is supposed to be shite. Luckily, you have the FOSS community supporting you.

edit: You can get it for $99 through Costco right now.

Need help. I have downloaded some mp3 files via Dropbox to my phone. I then copied the files to my Music folder using eFile. Problem is, when I open the music player, I can't find the new mp3's anywhere.

Anyone know what the issue is here?

Got myself a Vibrant (T-mobile's Galaxy S) if you don't mind Avatar and The Sims 3 installed on your phone you should be Gold with it. I'm still getting used to the idea of not having a QWERTY after coming from the G1. Touch Wiz has so few significant changes from the typical Android interface that I'm not upset with it. I love the Super AMOLED screen, after having experience with the N1, Droid Incredible, and the iPhone, its the best screen I've seen.

The Vibrant's GPS is slow to lock on, and the antenna isn't the greatest. When I was on my G1 I got much better signal, however I have not had any issues with getting calls. If I need data and cant get 3g, I'm usually in a place where I can pop on wifi. (at the family farm, in a store, etc.)

Last edited:
Got myself a Vibrant (T-mobile's Galaxy S) if you don't mind Avatar and The Sims 3 installed on your phone you should be Gold with it. I'm still getting used to the idea of not having a QWERTY after coming from the G1. Touch Wiz has so few significant changes from the typical Android interface that I'm not upset with it. I love the Super AMOLED screen, after having experience with the N1, Droid Incredible, and the iPhone, its the best screen I've seen.

The Vibrant's GPS is slow to lock on, and the antenna isn't the greatest. When I was on my G1 I got much better signal, however I have not had any issues with getting calls. If I need data and cant get 3g, I'm usually in a place where I can pop on wifi. (at the family farm, in a store, etc.)
I just got the same phone!

Coming from the iPhone it is a world of difference. LOVE IT.

yes, the galaxy screen is supposed to be better. coqui already knows this because it's been covered 1000x in the i4 thread on genmay :p