Halp Android devices

This is the part of the guide that pisses me off

When recovery loads, you should Have an Offline Device. You can use ctrl+c to stop your script & see.
If this doesn't happen, Power Off and try again..

:mad:

I can't make sense of anything in your link at all..

I reinstalled the ADB driver, still no luck..

Worst computer hack ever!

Usually means you did something wrong and have to start the process over again (meaning you can't just pick up where you left off)

They explain it as the system will only pick up your device at random, therefor multiple attempts are required. I've tried this problem 30+ times now with no result.

This is even more shit that id fucking ridiculous. I'm trying to follow this guy's guide as he said he was having the same problem as I was.

This is his alternative way of getting adb to recognize the device.

8. Now follow the guide from eugene to install root but with the step that tells you to run loop do it this way instead:
a. As soon as you reach into bootloader run the loop command.

b. As soon as the bootloader finish searches for an image file. scroll down to recovery and press power before the bootloader shows hboot USB.

Problem is that part in bold is not possible!!!!!! It will not let you choose anything on that menu until "hboot usb" is shown. Fucking dickface!! :mad:

oh I see the device come up during the loop phase of the hack but then it disappears.

And yes when I run "adb devices" with the phone on in normal mode I see my device listed..

can someone give me a quick rundown of how contacts work on an android phone? i'm curious about syncing with gmail, yahoo, exchange and facebook contacts over the air, it's ability to recognize duplicates and group them together (same person in gmail and facebook for example) and whether it downloads profile photos from facebook automatically.

can someone give me a quick rundown of how contacts work on an android phone? i'm curious about syncing with gmail, yahoo, exchange and facebook contacts over the air, it's ability to recognize duplicates and group them together (same person in gmail and facebook for example) and whether it downloads profile photos from facebook automatically.

I would assume that it does all that, but the only thing I have on it is gmail.

Yeah mine does that pull images from facebook thing.. It also can link contacts that are duplicates..

can you overlay multiple calendars? i have four google calendars and a work calendar. i'd like to see all or any combination of them at once.

When I first got the phone, it didn't seem straight forward how to manage my contacts, but you get used to it after awhile and it turns out pretty well organized.

Ok.

I've just read the 100+ pages of this xda forums thread, and from what I gather, it's pure luck whether you get it to catch your device in offline mode or not. Since that seems to be the case I'm going to walk away from this rooting thing until someone finds a way to root it this phone that doesn't involve luck.

Ok.

I've just read the 100+ pages of this xda forums thread, and from what I gather, it's pure luck whether you get it to catch your device in offline mode or not. Since that seems to be the case I'm going to walk away from this rooting thing until someone finds a way to root it this phone that doesn't involve luck.

Then use this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=713347

Sounds much easier. All you do is run 'rootme' (from your pc).

Last edited: