Halp Android devices

Woohoo, I'm switching to Google's Unlimited* Fi plan at the end of April. It'll run $80/mo for the 4 lines we have, instead of the current $95-120 we pay now based on $10/GB and 4 lines at $20 for the first and 3 at $15/mo.

*35GB of 5G data then 28k for the rest of the month

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
thats a far better deal than i remember Fi being. I remember it being pretty lousy per gb of data.
It still is. Their default "flexible" plan is $10/GB.

The math works out for me (especially in the group plan), but it probably wouldn't for someone who's on wifi 100% of the time.

combined we're at 45 a month for 3 lines, with 4gb each.
We're baselined at about $80 with taxes rolled in. Anything above and beyond that is data usage r/n.

$95 with the taxes for 4 lines w/8GB each (or 35 together) seems like a good deal when we're already over that for our usual 3GB of traffic per month.

Older kid has a watchphone, which has been really awesome to be honest, and when the younger goes to kindergarten they will too. Those really only need like 1G of data... but for the same price as 1 gig, you can get 4 most places.

It still is. Their default "flexible" plan is $10/GB.

The math works out for me (especially in the group plan), but it probably wouldn't for someone who's on wifi 100% of the time.
The default plan works awesome for us. Obviously very little data used...

And you can turn Unlimited and off per day too. If we didn't have an unlimited hotspot, that would be awesome for vacations.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
The default plan works awesome for us. Obviously very little data used...

And you can turn Unlimited and off per day too. If we didn't have an unlimited hotspot, that would be awesome for vacations.
wait, how does that work. You pay a daily charge to bump your usage to unlimted vs price per gb?

Pulled my shitty Motorola (2020 G Stylus) out of the case yesterday, and lo and behold it's got a puffy battery.

So, now I have the old debate: do I risk burning my nut off, or do I pull the 5 generation old backup phone (LG ThinQ) out of the closet.

New battery should get here in a few days. It's a Motorola XT50.

Just ordered the new Pixel 7 Pro. Google is giving me $480 to trade in my Pixel 6 Pro, and almost $300 in credits - which I'll use to buy Ape's phone. All in all, not a bad deal.