Halp Android devices

im at .15 cents a day (56 a year) with my pixel 2xl right now. Still serves me very well, and theres the boosted savings of not having to pay for google one for photo storage

im at .15 cents a day (56 a year) with my pixel 2xl right now. Still serves me very well, and theres the boosted savings of not having to pay for google one for photo storage
Yeah, that's great I guess, but I can't imagine that you'd notice if it was $1/day either.

my sweet precious feral gremlin of a child cracked the screen on my S10 Galaxy a month or so ago when she was swinging a plastic bin around and by chance managed to connect the corner with the highest velocity with the screen. I had/have a screen protector on it (just like, a plastic sheet that's stuck to it) which is I think preventing it from coming apart as badly as it really is. I have a case on it, too, but where she hit it a sturdier case wouldn't have much helped.

I'm still putting off getting a new phone until this one stops functioning, but it's mostly bc I know I'm going to want to spend way too much to get one with a bomb ass camera so I can keep taking cool arthropod pics.

I have loved my galaxies so I'm leaning toward another, but I have to admit that some of the fancier iPhones take incredible pics, and at the price point of the not-iPhones I'm considering vs. the iPhone I'm considering, there isn't a huge gap.

My wife left her OnePlus 8 on the roof of our Cadillac wagon in the driveway a couple months ago and we found it 5 miles away on an overpass. Thanks to her case, it works perfectly still and barely had a scratch on it. Amazing.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
i just cant justify a 500+ buck phone. I know the pixel is actually super cheap compared to the other options in its class though.

What i really want is UWB in cheaper phones though.

my phone was over $1000

giphy.gif

My Pixel 6 Pro just shipped, $860 total. Then I get $80 Google store credit, 5% CB from Chase, and my Pixel 3 XL should net me about $120. Altogether its about $630. Not bad for a $900 phone.

goddamnit. broke my first phone screen ever. hit just right so the phone case didnt protect it and cracked along the edge.

Ill live with it for a bit, but im not seeing a huge advantage to the newer pixels (minus the 6) compared to my 2xl. Also, if i upgrade from the 2xl, I lose my unlimited google photos.