...and Tango Makes Three

But books about talking animals, monsters in a forest, a magical Christmas train or the sky raining meatballs are okay.

You should have seen this children's book about a farting dog that Spange showed me when I was over. That goddamn book was disturbing, but hysterical.

I saw it at Barnes and Noble. Someone somewhere is actually making money off a kids's picture book about a farting dog, while I get up at 6 a.m. and sit in traffic for an hour.

I saw it at Barnes and Noble. Someone somewhere is actually making money off a kids's picture book about a farting dog, while I get up at 6 a.m. and sit in traffic for an hour.
Quit whining like a little bitch. You're just jealous you can't make money the easy way.

I agree, I think our current cultural trend is messed up. There's a balance to be had between not over-sheltering your kids and not presenting them topics they're not really capable of understanding properly.

I'd rather like kids to know what homosexuality is and stuff, but I'd like them to know when ... well when they can understand what homosexuality is.

I'd consider a proper and properly-timed sexual education to be very important for a child.

I dunno, I'd have to read the book

Of course, read the book. I doubt it's got any actual sexual themes in it.

I just wonder how you intend to keep your child from homosexuality until it's time for the proper and properly-timed sexual education you intend. I mean, it's not like your children can wait to be 9 or 10 before they go out in public. What if they see a gay couple and ask you about it?

Perhaps our culture is messed up in that we are so ashamed of our sexuality and try to shield our children from it. Even two year olds understand love.

I just wonder how you intend to keep your child from homosexuality until it's time for the proper and properly-timed sexual education you intend. I mean, it's not like your children can wait to be 9 or 10 before they go out in public. What if they see a gay couple and ask you about it?

Perhaps our culture is messed up in that we are so ashamed of our sexuality and try to shield our children from it. Even two year olds understand love.

if they ask, then it's time. i'm not going to lie about something when she asks me a question. i'm WAITING for the "how does the baby get out of the tummy?" question. :fly:
but why is there a hurry to cram things down their throats? why should i need to go educate and world up my child because she's three and might understand it? why can't people understand that children's brains are different and not developed, not sculpted enough to HANDLE all the information there is out there? there's NO reason for me to allow molly to watch violence or sex on tv when she's three years old, just because it's a fact of life and culture. it is so much easier three ways around to turn off the tv.
children asking questions means that they are ready to handle the information. i do not think you should lie to your children. and if molly were to come up to me and ask me about two men, i'd tell her simply what it is. but her asking me tells me she's ready to know. i'm not going to cram it down her throat till then. and i think more parents should have this attitude.

What if they see a gay couple? Like uuuuh ... Two guys holding hands? Two guys kissing? If they're having buttsex on my lawn then I'll just get the shotgun. :p

As already suggested, I'll probably just wait until they ask. Generally speaking though, I won't be taking my kids to gay bars or pride parades so I don't think it will be a problem.

I've done the baby get out of the tummy. It's how did the baby get in there part you have to worry about.

oh, yes. i know that will come one day. but i think i still have some time before that, and it's still easy with, "god put it there." it works well enough now.

last time i was pregnant, i was teaching pre-k. when i announced to the class that i was going to have a baby, of course some of the questions were, "how does the baby get out?" SOMEHOW i came up quickly with, "i don't know, i've never had one before."
of course, the next morning, i had a kid come right up to me first thing in the morning and tell me that a baby comes out of my vagina. i patted his little head, said thank you, and directed him to some blocks. :D

oh, yes. i know that will come one day. but i think i still have some time before that, and it's still easy with, "god put it there." it works well enough now.

last time i was pregnant, i was teaching pre-k. when i announced to the class that i was going to have a baby, of course some of the questions were, "how does the baby get out?" SOMEHOW i came up quickly with, "i don't know, i've never had one before."
of course, the next morning, i had a kid come right up to me first thing in the morning and tell me that a baby comes out of my vagina. i patted his little head, said thank you, and directed him to some blocks. :D

That's quite funny. I have two sisters that are now pregnant so we've been telling Haylee that they have babies in their tummy's and she has decided that I have one in mine as well. Yea, I hope not for a very long time (okay so two more years, but still).

That's quite funny. I have two sisters that are now pregnant so we've been telling Haylee that they have babies in their tummy's and she has decided that I have one in mine as well. Yea, I hope not for a very long time (okay so two more years, but still).

won't that put you behind schedule?? :p

<3