...and Tango Makes Three

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
Houston
Marklar
₥60,587
410w.jpg

A copy of the book "And Tango Makes Three" is seen on display in a bookstore Thursday, Nov. 16, 2006 in Chicago. The illustrated children's book based on a true story of two male penguins in New York City's Central Park Zoo who adopted a fertilized egg and raised the chick as their own is getting a chilly reception among some parents in Shiloh, Ill., who worry about the book's availability to elementary students and the reluctance of administrators to restrict access to it.

http://www.boston.com/news/educatio...ant_gay_penguins_book_blocked/?p1=MEWell_Pos1

Come on now. A children's book about two male penguins being surrogate parents and now parents are outraged by this. If you are sheltering your kids to this degree that they can't read a book out of a library that holds information from every walk of life, you need to understand you can't cover your kids eyes from everything. I'm all for information, talk to you kids... don't hide the shit. Gosh.

Some parents these days. Make the world out to be this horrible place, it's not bettering it by withholding information from young ears. A child reading this book isn't going to catch teh gay. It will only open their minds to the world. :cool:

:lol:

:wtf: A faggot book? Honestly, just give the kids the poop book and shove them out the door.

"The book was moved to the library's nonfiction section at the Savannah library and another branch near St. Joseph, Mo."

:lol: :wtf: Are these people that clueless?

so is this a story more of homosexuality or a family? it seems to me that'd make a big difference.
and i agree for the most part, but everything kid-related should be age appropriate. i'm not going to read to a three-year-old how a man and woman or man and man or woman and woman get it on. it's just not time for that yet, even though it's a truth of the world. everything in due time.

Savannah, Missouri

Tons of gay people here. Like ERage and bast.

I'd let my son read it. I have no problem with gay people. Your heart will do what it wants and you just have to go with the flow.

so is this a story more of homosexuality or a family? it seems to me that'd make a big difference.
and i agree for the most part, but everything kid-related should be age appropriate. i'm not going to read to a three-year-old how a man and woman or man and man or woman and woman get it on. it's just not time for that yet, even though it's a truth of the world. everything in due time.

I agree, I think our current cultural trend is messed up. There's a balance to be had between not over-sheltering your kids and not presenting them topics they're not really capable of understanding properly.

I'd rather like kids to know what homosexuality is and stuff, but I'd like them to know when ... well when they can understand what homosexuality is.

but the kids might catch the gay :(

:fly:

Freud would agree :p

o gnoes the childrens might accidentally learn what a homersexuls is!

I'd consider a proper and properly-timed sexual education to be very important for a child.

"The book was moved to the library's nonfiction section at the Savannah library and another branch near St. Joseph, Mo."

:lol: :wtf: Are these people that clueless?

Probably some librarian intern college student looking at "true story".

I dunno, I'd have to read the book