And so it begins...again

ChikkenNoodul said:
It's a lot easier to vaporize lowlifes than to educate 200 million people.
"educate"

There ya go. It all comes back to that.

Pancake Wagon said:
She sounds like the kind of person who feels that she is in on some super secret that the rest of us are either too stupid or too lazy to figure out. I am an optimist and choose to see the good things in the world, but I don't shield myself from the bad. I know that many things suck, and I am too apathetic at the moment to try and change them. But I also choose to place the blame for everything that is wrong on the true cause of it, the people. In the end we are the ones that give the government its power, and only we can change how this country is ran.

Not stupid, most likely lazy. Like you said yourself "I am too apathetic". See if you lived in Atlanta GA and seen as many corrupt elected officials get busted you'd think they were all corrupt too. Mayor Bill Campbell, the ex Police Chief...the scandal with the proposed Northern Arc... Local politicians are corrupted by the special interest of their campaign contributors. Washington is no different. You can't sugar coat that and be optimistic. Politicians do what’s best for themselves and their campaign contributors.

Pandora said:
Not stupid, most likely lazy. Like you said yourself "I am too apathetic". See if you lived in Atlanta GA and seen as many corrupt elected officials get busted you'd think they were all corrupt too. Mayor Bill Campbell, the ex Police Chief...the scandal with the proposed Northern Arc... Local politicians are corrupted by the special interest of their campaign contributors. Washington is no different. You can't sugar coat that and be optimistic. Politicians do what’s best for themselves and their campaign contributors.
Then change it. Run for office. Vote for someone who isn't your average politician.

Pancake Wagon said:
Then change it. Run for office. Vote for someone who isn't your average politician.

You know what sucks about this though? Even though I feel the same way as you do, I feel like a voiceless minority when it comes to voting my heart.

BigDov said:
You know what sucks about this though? Even though I feel the same way as you do, I feel like a voiceless minority when it comes to voting my heart.
You have to fight for what you think is right, if you care enough about it. There are many people who feel the same way.

Pancake Wagon said:
You have to fight for what you think is right, if you care enough about it. There are many people who feel the same way.

I understand that, and I DO vote my heart. I feel that you and I are the minority here....... not enough people willing to actually make a stand for what they feel is right and good.

Pancake Wagon said:
Blacks in the south from the end of the civil war to the 1960's? Victims of violent crime or negligent actions? There are people that cannot fight for themselves.
Since when do those groups need polotical lobbysits? Wtf are you talking about, victims of violent crime? That's what courts are for, not politicians. The blacks did fight for their own civil rights...but they didn't pay off senators and representatives to change things. That's what lobbying is today. It's open political bribery, nothing more.

And no, there is no group of people that can't fight for themselves. Age notwithstanding, there is no group of people that doesn't have the ability for fight for their own rights without a major commercial sponsor.

FlyNavy said:
Since when do those groups need polotical lobbysits? Wtf are you talking about, victims of violent crime? That's what courts are for, not politicians. The blacks did fight for their own civil rights...but they didn't pay off senators and representatives to change things. That's what lobbying is today. It's open political bribery, nothing more.

And no, there is no group of people that can't fight for themselves. Age notwithstanding, there is no group of people that doesn't have the ability for fight for their own rights without a major commercial sponsor.
The dead? The maimed and injured?