And so it begins...again

NeedMoreEmo said:
Public schools will never have a good enough education to compete with private schools, sorry if you can't accept that but it's a fact.
You can't just make a general statement like that. I went to public high school, and the one I went to actually was a better school than the private (catholic) school in the same area. Our average GPA was higher as were our standardized test scores. Perhaps that statement is true for the UK, but it may not be the case for the rest of the world.

NeedMoreEmo said:
She sounds pretty logical to me.
She sounds like the kind of person who feels that she is in on some super secret that the rest of us are either too stupid or too lazy to figure out. I am an optimist and choose to see the good things in the world, but I don't shield myself from the bad. I know that many things suck, and I am too apathetic at the moment to try and change them. But I also choose to place the blame for everything that is wrong on the true cause of it, the people. In the end we are the ones that give the government its power, and only we can change how this country is ran.

Pancake Wagon said:
I can't speak for British schools, but here in the US that is far from fact. I'd be willing to bet you that if you averaged the performance of students in both public in private schools here in the US, the private schools would only be marginally ahead. In other words, there are better public schools here then some of the private schools.

Well where there are better public schools there is no demand for private schools. There's a big north/south divide in England, Northern England has virtually no good public schools. Down South the public schools are as good as the North private school. But Im a northerner born and bread. :cool:

Pancake Wagon said:
I have no idea what you were referring to
lolz.

embryo experiment was when some guy (name escapes me now) drew pics of a bunch of embryos. the way he sketched them, they looked amazingly similar, even though they were very different species (human, frog, horse, etc.). evolutionists took this as evidence that we all share a common ancestry because we look the same during our earliest stages. one of the most common arguments for a Darwinian origin of life.

Stanley Miller put a bunch of ammonia, methane, and sludge in a container and repeatedly sparked it with electricity (it was supposed to simulate lightning). weak amino acid bonds were created from the protein-rich sludge, and evolutionists say this is proof that life started from "scratch."

Pancake Wagon said:
She sounds like the kind of person who feels that she is in on some super secret that the rest of us are either too stupid or too lazy to figure out. I am an optimist and choose to see the good things in the world, but I don't shield myself from the bad. I know that many things suck, and I am too apathetic at the moment to try and change them. But I also choose to place the blame for everything that is wrong on the true cause of it, the people. In the end we are the ones that give the government its power, and only we can change how this country is ran.

Very well said man, and very true.

:heart:

Pancake Wagon said:
You sound like one of the snobs, stereotyping public school kids as a whole. Maybe she got beat up because she was a bratty little rich kid?

Our school had programs and paths for the "gifted" kids. If you were smart you were grouped with other smart kids and pushed to do better. I took higher level math classes at an earlier age, took part in all the honors english classes, etc. Here in Minnesota we have an open enrollement policy which allows parents to send their children to any public school of their choosing.
They're doing away with multiple 'levels' in schools around here, and sticking the slow-learners, the average kids, and the 'gifted' kids all in the same classes now.

Kabn said:
lolz.

embryo experiment was when some guy (name escapes me now) drew pics of a bunch of embryos. the way he sketched them, they looked amazingly similar, even though they were very different species (human, frog, horse, etc.). evolutionists took this as evidence that we all share a common ancestry because we look the same during our earliest stages. one of the most common arguments for a Darwinian origin of life.

Stanley Miller put a bunch of ammonia, methane, and sludge in a container and repeatedly sparked it with electricity (it was supposed to simulate lightning). weak amino acid bonds were created from the protein-rich sludge, and evolutionists say this is proof that life started from "scratch."
Thats pretty fricken whacko.

CletusJones said:
You can't just make a general statement like that. I went to public high school, and the one I went to actually was a better school than the private (catholic) school in the same area. Our average GPA was higher as were our standardized test scores. Perhaps that statement is true for the UK, but it may not be the case for the rest of the world.

Private schools should be better because they exclude the dumbasses who bring down grade averages.

Pancake Wagon said:
We elect the people that select the Bureaucratic leaders. Its a simple matter of the people as a whole caring enough to make a change in the government for it to happen. You can't blame or criticize the government for what it is without dealing with the apathy of the populace first.
Oh yes I can, because the people in power wanted to change, they would. But it requires effort, and it's not comfortable.

NeedMoreEmo said:
Private schools should be better because they exclude the dumbasses who bring down grade averages.
just because they're a "dumbass" doesn't mean they can't have the means to pay for private schooling.

ChikkenNoodul said:
They're doing away with multiple 'levels' in schools around here, and sticking the slow-learners, the average kids, and the 'gifted' kids all in the same classes now.
Thats where the parents have to step in and say bullshit. The reason they are doing that is because there isn't enough money in the school systems. And the reason there isn't enough money is that we spend it on useless things like computers and administrators and metal detectors and police liasons.

1: Get rid of the trouble makers. Tell them and their parents to go somewhere else, we don't want you here
2: Get rid of the needless bureaucracy. A school needs good administrators to run well, but it doesn't need the extra fluff.
3: Computers are widely misused in schools. They are a tool and nothing more.
4: Pay teachers what they're worth. Good teachers need to be compensated while bad teachers should be executed. Or something like that
5: Parental involvement. It all comes down to how much the parent's care. A parent who is involved in the educational process is more important then any other factor.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Oh yes I can, because the people in power wanted to change, they would. But it requires effort, and it's not comfortable.
We elect the people in power. More importantly, we put them in the running for office. If we truly wanted change, we would run someone who felt the same way.

Pancake Wagon said:
Thats where the parents have to step in and say bullshit. The reason they are doing that is because there isn't enough money in the school systems. And the reason there isn't enough money is that we spend it on useless things like computers and administrators and metal detectors and police liasons.

1: Get rid of the trouble makers. Tell them and their parents to go somewhere else, we don't want you here
2: Get rid of the needless bureaucracy. A school needs good administrators to run well, but it doesn't need the extra fluff.
3: Computers are widely misused in schools. They are a tool and nothing more.
4: Pay teachers what they're worth. Good teachers need to be compensated while bad teachers should be executed. Or something like that
5: Parental involvement. It all comes down to how much the parent's care. A parent who is involved in the educational process is more important then any other factor.
Well duh.

ChikkenNoodul said:
"we" do, but the masses vote for comfort
Then its the masses fault, not the lowlife's that take advantage of them.