And so it begins...again

Pancake Wagon said:
And private school kids are snobbish bafoons, for the most part.

I am indifferent about the pledge. Leave it, take it out, I don't care.

Are heather's mommies hot by chance? Is heather old enough to be hot?

Speak for your own country, I find privately educated people are more easy going, more ambitious, more intellectual and just better people. At the risk of sounding snobbish, I'd feel pretty dumb if I went to a normal school, why should people who have a higher intelligence than others get bored in school and suffer? I love private school, there is no way in hell Id ever let my kids go to a state school.

One of my friends, her dad was determined to not be snobbish and made her go to a public school, she got beat up for years because she spoke real English, is very pretty and omg has a swimming pool!!1 Kids at public schools are retarded, Id have to stab myself in the eye with a pencil if I was forced to share a classroom with them. Seriously.

Pandora said:
The government is run by corruped elected officals, who then educate children to be dependant upon an ideal "democratic" government. The lessons are dummbed down to the slowest unachiver in the classroom. And then they encourage the rest of the parents to drug their kids so they can sit still through it for 8 hours. Take a look at how the US postal service works (compaired to FedX or UPS) And people hand their kids over to receive a great government education.... And IMO, it's a parents responsibility to care for and educate their children.
Cynicism. Show me examples of this corruption. Shall I make your tinfoil hat for you?

The US Postal service is a privatized entity. And, given the amount of mail traffic that they deal with, I have to say that over the time they have existed they have done a pretty damn good job.

A good parent will send their child to a place where he or she can receive a proper education. Home education is not an option for most, and it generally stunts the social development of a child.

Pancake Wagon said:
A good parent will send their child to a place where he or she can receive a proper education. Home education is not an option for most, and it generally stunts the social development of a child.

Again, which is why we chose to buckle down and send the kids to a private school. The local tardass public school wasn't going to cut, home schooling was definitely out as an option, so we made the financial commitment to our kids to send them to a good school.

Pandora said:
I'm not hammering on you. Congrats to you for taking responsibility for your childrens education instead of handing them off to the government to reprogram. :D :heart:
You sounds like Mike27

BigDov said:
Again, which is why we chose to buckle down and send the kids to a private school. The local tardass public school wasn't going to cut, home schooling was definitely out as an option, so we made the financial commitment to our kids to send them to a good school.
:heart: responsible parents

ChikkenNoodul said:
Basic level like what?

The highway departments? Ahahahahahaha
We elect the people that select the Bureaucratic leaders. Its a simple matter of the people as a whole caring enough to make a change in the government for it to happen. You can't blame or criticize the government for what it is without dealing with the apathy of the populace first.

NeedMoreEmo said:
Speak for your own country, I find privately educated people are more easy going, more ambitious, more intellectual and just better people. At the risk of sounding snobbish, I'd feel pretty dumb if I went to a normal school, why should people who have a higher intelligence than others get bored in school and suffer? I love private school, there is no way in hell Id ever let my kids go to a state school.

One of my friends, her dad was determined to not be snobbish and made her go to a public school, she got beat up for years because she spoke real English, is very pretty and omg has a swimming pool!!1 Kids at public schools are retarded, Id have to stab myself in the eye with a pencil if I was forced to share a classroom with them. Seriously.
You sound like one of the snobs, stereotyping public school kids as a whole. Maybe she got beat up because she was a bratty little rich kid?

Our school had programs and paths for the "gifted" kids. If you were smart you were grouped with other smart kids and pushed to do better. I took higher level math classes at an earlier age, took part in all the honors english classes, etc. Here in Minnesota we have an open enrollement policy which allows parents to send their children to any public school of their choosing.

NeedMoreEmo said:
Postal services rule, they're usually quite good. Apparently ours lose one million letters a day or something, I find that hard to believe, but hilarious all the same.
that's a lot of lost mail. someone would ahve to notice that many pieces of mail missing.

BigDov said:
Then it sounds like you made the right choice for your kids. When the time comes for me to do the same, I hope that I do to.

Pancake Wagon said:
You sound like one of the snobs, stereotyping public school kids as a whole. Maybe she got beat up because she was a bratty little rich kid?

Our school had programs and paths for the "gifted" kids. If you were smart you were grouped with other smart kids and pushed to do better. I took higher level math classes at an earlier age, took part in all the honors english classes, etc. Here in Minnesota we have an open enrollement policy which allows parents to send their children to any public school of their choosing.

I'm not a snob, public schools suck and I know I wouldn't achieve even near my full potential there, the teaching just isn't up to scratch with the grades I could so easily get. She got beat up because poor, stupid people don't understand that "dem rich peeps" have feelings, a personality and some of them can even be nice. Same reason pretty clever people can be marginalised in the public school system by their peers. :rolleyes:

Public schools will never have a good enough education to compete with private schools, sorry if you can't accept that but it's a fact.

Pancake Wagon said:
Then it sounds like you made the right choice for your kids. When the time comes for me to do the same, I hope that I do to.
I'm sure you will make the best choice for both you and your children. You're well informed about your surroundings and it seems as though you have a general idea what you'd like to do with your kids. that's half the battle.

NeedMoreEmo said:
I'm not a snob, public schools suck and I know I wouldn't achieve even near my full potential there, the teaching just isn't up to scratch with the grades I could so easily get. She got beat up because poor, stupid people don't understand that "dem rich peeps" have feelings, a personality and some of them can even be nice. Same reason pretty clever people can be marginalised in the public school system by their peers. :rolleyes:

Public schools will never have a good enough education to compete with private schools, sorry if you can't accept that but it's a fact.
I can't speak for British schools, but here in the US that is far from fact. I'd be willing to bet you that if you averaged the performance of students in both public in private schools here in the US, the private schools would only be marginally ahead. In other words, there are better public schools here then some of the private schools.

CletusJones said:
I'm sure you will make the best choice for both you and your children. You're well informed about your surroundings and it seems as though you have a general idea what you'd like to do with your kids. that's half the battle.
GI JOE!!!!!!!!!!!!