And so it begins...again

ChikkenNoodul said:
As a weight challenged person, I take great offense to your use of the work 'Barrel'. From now on, please use the phrase 'cylindrical container made from wood;
As an erectile dysfunction sufferer, I take umbridge to your use of the word "wood". Please change it to "tree based product."

Coqui said:
Hey everyone, let's go to the unleavened salted bread snack cylindrical container made from tree based product!
As a snail afficianado, I take offense at your use of the word "Salt." Please be so kind as to change it to "french fry seasoning"

ChikkenNoodul said:
It really frosts my pumpkin that you chose to use the word 'product', as a friend of the trees I demand that you switch your terminology to use 'tree derived creation'
pumpking frosting...:drool:

Oooo this is a favorite of mine....

First off they are not public schools, they are government schools. They are run by government officials who's main interest is protecting their government job. Hello the teachers union?? Ideally, if you can't afford to educate your children then don't have children. :eek: Most of the people I've met that are home schooled or privately educated are more intelligent and successful in life because they received a better education than those of us that went through government schools. (course they are also snobby brats with terrible social skills) ;)

On the pledge:
Dedicating school time to say the pledge is no different than dedicating time for prayer. I take issue with sending kids to government schools where they are required to pledge allegiance to a "nation under God". Leave God and Country out of school, they are there to learn.

Heather has two mommies?!?!
....there was a time in this country when people had problems with government schools telling kids that blacks were equal to whites, or that women were equal to women....Just because popular opinion doesn't support it, doesn't mean that notraditional families are wrong. If schools teach that a family is a married father and mother and their 2.5 children, I think they need to also teach about single parents and Heather's two mommies.

Edit: Sorry to interrupt the discussion of pumpkin frosting and french supporters....

Last edited:
Pandora said:
Oooo this is a favorite of mine....

First off they are not public schools, they are government schools. They are run by government officals who's main interest is protecting their government job. Hello the teachers union?? Idealy, if you can't afford to educate your children then don't have children. :eek: Most of the people I've met that are home schooled or privately educated are more intellegent and susscefull in life because they received a better education than those of us that went through goverment schools. (course they are also snobby brats with terrible social skills) ;)

On the pledge:
Dedicating school time to say the pledge is no different than dedicating time for prayer. I take issue with sending kids to government schools where they are required to pledge allegence to a "nation under God". Leave God and Country out of school, they are there to learn.

Heather has two mommies?!?!
....there was a time in this country when people had problems with government schools telling kids that blacks were equal to whites, or that women were equal to women....Just because popular opinion doesn't support it, doesn't mean that notraditional families are wrong. If schools teach that a family is a married father and mother and their 2.5 children, I think they need to also teach about single parents and Heather's two mommies.
The government is a public entity, run by elected officials. The teachers union, while flawed at times, isn't the greatest of evils. Its societies responsibility to educate all of our children. Leave it up to the individual and you'll end with a country full of deadbeat criminals. A public school system is like a public library system. They are both entities of a modern culture. Home schooled kids are whacked out weirdos. And private school kids are snobbish bafoons, for the most part.

I am indifferent about the pledge. Leave it, take it out, I don't care.

Are heather's mommies hot by chance? Is heather old enough to be hot?

FlyNavy said:
ok, understandable

but in my eyes I don't see anything sthat supports intelligent design. of course, in science, nothing can be proven, only disproven. so i guess most people will never agree on it. but I don't see any sorts of research, theory or otherwise, that supports creationism or intelligent design
undeniably, it is related to my separate efforts to figure out the whole God thing. believe He exists, and once you make that leap, i think the rest falls into place rather neatly. but we are all free to make up our minds; i'm just sharing what i've found through my point of view.

not that what we see as intelligent design should really be used as any proof of a God. as said before, the complexity and intricacy of nature could also be explained in part by the evolutionary theory.

Pancake Wagon said:
Please, do go on.
cliffs:

the embryo experiment is flawed because the person who originally did the drawings skewed them so they would look more alike. truth is, most of the embryos he used were in different stages, and most were in mid- to late stages of embryonic development. during their very earliest stages (which is grassroots to the theory put forth by the experiment), they aren't even comparable.

the mixture of gases in the Miller experiment has all but been put aside by those studying what the earth was probably like during that time. he used mainly methane and ammonia, and the widely accepted theory now is that it was more likely nitrogen, carbon dioxide, and water vapor, a mixture in which the experiment almost certainly would fail.

i'd have to actually go home and look at a few books to go into more detail, but that's what i remember.

Pancake Wagon said:
The government is a public entity, run by elected officials. The teachers union, while flawed at times, isn't the greatest of evils. Its societies responsibility to educate all of our children. Leave it up to the individual and you'll end with a country full of deadbeat criminals. A public school system is like a public library system. They are both entities of a modern culture. Home schooled kids are whacked out weirdos. And private school kids are snobbish bafoons, for the most part.

Government ceased being for the people, and began being for the government.

It's a self-sustaining entity, any good that it does is purely coincidental.

Pancake Wagon said:

a lot of my friends in my neighborhood growing up went to different private schools. they all said the same thing... it was really easy to get drugs.

Kabn said:
cliffs:

the embryo experiment is flawed because the person who originally did the drawings skewed them so they would look more alike. truth is, most of the embryos he used were in different stages, and most were in mid- to late stages of embryonic development. during their very earliest stages (which is grassroots to the theory put forth by the experiment), they aren't even comparable.

the mixture of gases in the Miller experiment has all but been put aside by those studying what the earth was probably like during that time. he used mainly methane and ammonia, and the widely accepted theory now is that it was more likely nitrogen, carbon dioxide, and water vapor, a mixture in which the experiment almost certainly would fail.

i'd have to actually go home and look at a few books to go into more detail, but that's what i remember.
I have no idea what you were referring to

ChikkenNoodul said:
Government ceased being for the people, and began being for the government.

It's a self-sustaining entity, any good that it does is purely coincidental.
Yer just cynical. At its most basic level the government still serves the people. Its the bureaucracy that needs to be widdled down a notch or ten.

Pancake Wagon said:

The government is run by corruped elected officals, who then educate children to be dependant upon an ideal "democratic" government. The lessons are dummbed down to the slowest unachiver in the classroom. And then they encourage the rest of the parents to drug their kids so they can sit still through it for 8 hours. Take a look at how the US postal service works (compaired to FedX or UPS) And people hand their kids over to receive a great government education.... And IMO, it's a parents responsibility to care for and educate their children.

Pandora said:
The government is run by corruped elected officals, who then educate children to be dependant upon an ideal "democratic" government. The lessons are dummbed down to the slowest unachiver in the classroom. And then they encourage the rest of the parents to drug their kids so they can sit still through it for 8 hours. Take a look at how the US postal service works (compaired to FedX or UPS) And people hand their kids over to receive a great government education.... And IMO, it's a parents responsibility to care for and educate their children.

"And IMO, it's a parents responsibility to care for and educate their children."

Then why you hammerin' on me?