And so it begins...again

FlyNavy said:
Bingo. Everyone should get treated equally. No affirmative action, no scholarships for minorities, no special names for gay marriages. Everyone gets the same treatment no matter what.

Yeah, but the NAACP, LULAC and GLAD would start sending suicide bombers into Cracker Barrels nation wide if that happened

BigDov said:
hahaha, you don't have to agree with my parenting or views at all man. Diversity and differences is what makes the world go 'round, right? :) I'm just trying to do what I feel is right and hopefully have them ready for the harsh, cruel world coming at them.
indeed :cool:

FlyNavy said:
ok, understandable

but in my eyes I don't see anything sthat supports intelligent design. of course, in science, nothing can be proven, only disproven. so i guess most people will never agree on it. but I don't see any sorts of research, theory or otherwise, that supports creationism or intelligent design
Have you looked at the world? Have you seen how everything works together so well, from the smallest plants to the largest sea creatures. The interaction between environment and animal. The intricate details of a butterflies anatomy. Its hard for me not to imagine that there wasn't some greater power behind some of it.

FlyNavy said:
ok, understandable

but in my eyes I don't see anything sthat supports intelligent design. of course, in science, nothing can be proven, only disproven. so i guess most people will never agree on it. but I don't see any sorts of research, theory or otherwise, that supports creationism or intelligent design

That's the beauty of it for them though- it's a theory that supports their belief, so BAM! instant truth :lol:

Forrest Dump said:
Yeah, but the NAACP, LULAC and GLAD would start sending suicide bombers into Cracker Barrels nation wide if that happened
fuck all those organizations. lobbying should be illegal in this fucking country

FlyNavy said:
fuck all those organizations. lobbying should be illegal in this fucking country
A well guided lobby can do a lot of good, especially for the people that can't fight for themselves. Its when they've outlived their purpose that these groups become dangerous.

Pancake Wagon said:
Have you looked at the world? Have you seen how everything works together so well, from the smallest plants to the largest sea creatures. The interaction between environment and animal. The intricate details of a butterflies anatomy. Its hard for me not to imagine that there wasn't some greater power behind some of it.
It's not hard for me to imagine it. It's just hard for me to believe it without some sort of evidence to back it up. I'll consider it when I see a single shred of proof that isn't circumstantial

Pancake Wagon said:
A well guided lobby can do a lot of good, especially for the people that can't fight for themselves. Its when they've outlived their purpose that these groups become dangerous.
That's bullshit, imo. What people can't fight for themselves? If someone is simply unwilling to fight for his rights, he doesn't deserve them.

Lobbying should be illegal. Like militias they outlived their purpose a century ago.

Pancake Wagon said:

*sniff* you are a very beautiful, yet misunderstood, person :nev:

:heart:

Pancake Wagon said:

Never seen something that would indicate a god to me. The symbiotic nature of...nature...I guess...would make perfect sense from an evolutionary point of view.

FlyNavy said:
That's bullshit, imo. What people can't fight for themselves? If someone is simply unwilling to fight for his rights, he doesn't deserve them.

Lobbying should be illegal. Like militias they outlived their purpose a century ago.
Blacks in the south from the end of the civil war to the 1960's? Victims of violent crime or negligent actions? There are people that cannot fight for themselves.

Forrest Dump said:

I'm offended that you used the word cracker. From now on, please use the phrase unleavened salted bread snack Barrel when referencing that location.

ieyeasu said:
Never seen something that would indicate a god to me. The symbiotic nature of...nature...I guess...would make perfect sense from an evolutionary point of view.
Of course it makes sense. I guess it really depends on your own beliefs about life. But it still amazes me when you look at the intricate details of an individual organism, how their body works, how each individual cell has a duty, how each system works to keep it alive. Multiply that a billion times over for every living thing on this planet and I come to the conclusion that it isn't just happenstance, that somewhere along the way there was a push and a nudge.