.. and sleep normally...

How's it work for you?

I'd be tempted to give it a shot and see if I can make them scratch their heads.

They did that the last time I went under, the Russian doc was quite concerned when I was still awake after a certain point saying "Yep, now it's about seven martini's...."

I think he had to get more signatures at that point.

I honestly went to the doc so I could fall asleep. I wanted something to knock me out. After my test like like spange's, he prescribed some pills that were 400 bucks a month, (spange knows them, provigil). The pills are supposed to keep you awake. Not really what I wanted. I could actually feel them in my head and I hated it. When we had this meeting, the doctors suggestion to me, I make no jokes and am completely serious, was to have sex.

I honestly went to the doc so I could fall asleep. I wanted something to knock me out. After my test like like spange's, he prescribed some pills that were 400 bucks a month, (spange knows them, provigil). The pills are supposed to keep you awake. Not really what I wanted. I could actually feel them in my head and I hated it. When we had this meeting, the doctors suggestion to me, I make no jokes and am completely serious, was to have sex.

To which you're like "Uh, I moved here to do just that, and it still don't work - duh"

:dont:

I used to have terrible insomnia.

After I got married, it eventually went away. Then it came back, then 4 years ago it went away again.

I still have the occasional night where I don't sleep at all, but it's few and far between.

Oddly enough these days, the drunker I am, the harder it is to go to sleep.

To which you're like "Uh, I moved here to do just that, and it still don't work - duh"

:dont:

I used to have terrible insomnia.

After I got married, it eventually went away. Then it came back, then 4 years ago it went away again.

I still have the occasional night where I don't sleep at all, but it's few and far between.

Oddly enough these days, the drunker I am, the harder it is to go to sleep.

I haven't been to a doctor about sleep in a few years. That was an old story, I haven't seen anyone about my sleep in Florida. I sleep okay,usually, when I am sharing a bed with someone. In odd mikey form, aside from a few beers last week, I haven't had any alcohol.

Ah, ok.

Makes sense, then.

Pretty similar to me, since I didn't sleep until I was sharing a bed with the Mrs.

My consumption has been low recently as well :wtf:

Until tonight, anyway.

The whole sleeping with someone else in the bed didn't happen until Reno. After I shared a bed with her my sleeping habits took a complete 180, maybe a few more twists. I suppose I don't really need to be posting about sleeping with another woman right now...:lol:...my bed mate might furiously attack my arm and leave it looking like a vietnam vet after a close encounter with a claymore.

my biggest problem with sharing a bed with someone is it makes it damn near impossible to get up in the morning. my next girlfriend better have a 9-5 job.

Those only take 5 minutes though and then it's back to LaLa Land for another 4 solid hours.

Also, shut up.

you ever get up to pee in the middle of the night, and you can kinda see because you're used to the dark, so you don't turn on any lights so you don't blast your eyes, and then as you're peeing you realize that you can't exactly see as well as you thought, and you pee on the floor a bit trying to stay on target?

you ever get up to pee in the middle of the night, and you can kinda see because you're used to the dark, so you don't turn on any lights so you don't blast your eyes, and then as you're peeing you realize that you can't exactly see as well as you thought, and you pee on the floor a bit trying to stay on target?

A buddy of mine has peed on the corner of the bed, while hammered, thinking he was in the can.

A buddy of mine has peed on the corner of the bed, while hammered, thinking he was in the can.

I stumbled into the walk-in closet, someone helped me close the sliding door which wasn't working exactly like the bathroom door right next to it, and I sat on a clothes hamper and took a piss.

My brother (not the one who is living with me) has done that a couple of times.

The first time he woke up hammered as all hell and got up out of bed to go to the bathroom, made it down the hall to the linen closet, opened the door and peed all over everything.

The second time he walked all the way downstairs to the laundry room where his mom was doing laundry and peed on the dryer.

The third time he did this, Flynavy was spending the night (they were all trashed), Steve gets up, walks over to where Flynavy is sleeping on the floor and pees on the entertainment center.

My other brother (not living with me) has stood up on his bed in the middle of the night and peed on his girlfriend (TWICE)

Then she married him.

:lol:

Anyhoo. I work for a neurology practice and we have a sleep lab in the office where I work. The people who work the overnight polysomographies aren't nurses, they're sleep technicians, and they are some of the dumbest people on the planet.

The guy we have working with us now has sent patients home before because the sleep computer "was broke" and so we sent Ryan out to look at it. The dude had turned off the router so it wasn't pulling an IP and Ryan turned it back on. The next night, the dude writes this angry note that "the man did something with numbers and now the computer is broke again"

Ryan came back in again and looked at everything. Turns out, the tech failed to turn the sleep equipment on. So we took pictures of everything with step by step pictorial instructions on how to plug it into the wall and turn the switch from the "off' position to the "on" position.

Haven't had another issue since.

The whole sleeping with someone else in the bed didn't happen until Reno. After I shared a bed with her my sleeping habits took a complete 180, maybe a few more twists. I suppose I don't really need to be posting about sleeping with another woman right now...:lol:...my bed mate might furiously attack my arm and leave it looking like a vietnam vet after a close encounter with a claymore.
Your bedmate will need to come sleep with me tonight if that happens.

Last edited:
I've always had odd sleep issues including sleep apnea. I've had ex roommates and even my wife shake me awake saying they had thought I had stopped breathing. That or they say I'd stop moving and a little while later start gasping for air in my sleep. It's more genetic than anything else. My mom does it and my grandfather did it super bad and his heart rate would plummet so low that whenever he'd sleep over night in the hospital he'd wake up with them about to resuscitate him. A few years ago I had a deviated septum fixed and tonsils and adenoids removed to help some. Which it did a little. I still snore but I figured I've had enough surgery for it so my wife has ear plugs when needed. My son snores like an old man too even though we got his tonsils and adenoids removed.

More often than not now I go through periods of going on extremely low amounts of sleep for periods and not being able to fall asleep to me blacking out and having to sleep nonstop. I guess it's the crappy bi-polar thing. I did go through a really bad period a year or two ago where I would black out when driving etc. I would be doing something and it felt like someone would throw a switch and I was in instant dream state. I ran off the road a few times. I was on provigil for a while for it. Stimulants like that lose effect quickly on me. After a day or two I could take a few of those, drink a red bull, and take a nap. Meds after a while seem to just make things worse so I've lost hope on them for a while. Well except the Advair I just started doing daily.

Last week was no sleep but right now I'm able to go to sleep so I've been trying to sneak in as much sleep as possible before I swing the other way and go back to 3 or so hours asleep a night with light naps after work.