Anal fantasy junkies?

taeric said:
I think the only reason I didn't read it on the train was because I got the "collector's" edition.

Speaking of, does anyone know what this special edition will be like? I can't decide if I want to get it or not.

(And damnit, it is scary to me that this book must have come out back when I was at my old job. )

Also, looking at my bookshelf, I see that the next Robert Jordan book is due soon. Knife of Dreams

robert jordan is really starting to get to me. originally this was supposed to be a 10-book series, and due to the immense popularity from, oh let's say, books 1-7, he's stalling for time. i thought winter's heart and crossroads especially could have done so much more. i feel like i'm being set up for this great thing to happen and yet, i have a sinking feeling that i'm going to be let down.

I thought it was originally supposed to be 3 books. Then he changed that to 7, then to 10... etc.

I didn't even read the last one. I have it, but never read it. Still, I want to know the end.

taeric said:
I thought it was originally supposed to be 3 books. Then he changed that to 7, then to 10... etc.

I didn't even read the last one. I have it, but never read it. Still, I want to know the end.
i do too, for the days upon days that i spent reading that damn series :lol:

F33nX said:
robert jordan is really starting to get to me. originally this was supposed to be a 10-book series, and due to the immense popularity from, oh let's say, books 1-7, he's stalling for time. i thought winter's heart and crossroads especially could have done so much more. i feel like i'm being set up for this great thing to happen and yet, i have a sinking feeling that i'm going to be let down.

I stopped reading at The Lord of Chaos. He just dragging it on too long. And I'm ready to Kick George R. R. Martin's ass. If A Feast of Crows doesn't come it out in July I'm going to find him and poke him with a pointed stick. :mad:

I never started Martin's stuff. I've got the first book, but I'm leary of starting a series that isn't finished. (Or that doesn't at least have a set number of books it will be.)

Of course, as soon as Gaiman does a neverending series, I'll be first in line.

taeric said:
I think the only reason I didn't read it on the train was because I got the "collector's" edition.

Speaking of, does anyone know what this special edition will be like? I can't decide if I want to get it or not.

(And damnit, it is scary to me that this book must have come out back when I was at my old job. )

Also, looking at my bookshelf, I see that the next Robert Jordan book is due soon. Knife of Dreams

I've never been so torn about a book series before as this one. I love it and hate it at the same time. Such good history and plot in the first few books, then it just starts sloooooooooowing doooooooown to a snails pace. You use to have so much stuff happening in one book, now it's just 700 pages of events that happen in like 4 days. Basically needs moar of Mat cause he's sooper :cool: and less of sad perrin in snow.

And regarding the Harry Potter book, what makes you (JJ) think the Collectors Edition hasn't already been preordered :shifty:

bast_imret said:
I've never been so torn about a book series before as this one. I love it and hate it at the same time. Such good history and plot in the first few books, then it just starts sloooooooooowing doooooooown to a snails pace. You use to have so much stuff happening in one book, now it's just 700 pages of events that happen in like 4 days. Basically needs moar of Mat cause he's sooper :cool: and less of sad perrin in snow.

And regarding the Harry Potter book, what makes you (JJ) think the Collectors Edition hasn't already been preordered :shifty:

Worse than that... if I recall the timeline of the last two books overlapped considerably. So quite literally nothing new happened in the last book. :) Bastard!

taeric said:
Worse than that... if I recall the timeline of the last two books overlapped considerably. So quite literally nothing new happened in the last book. :) Bastard!

the first 600 pages of crossroads was overlap. i remember reading it thinking, "i don't fucking care! let me know what happened after the dark side got cleansed!"

F33nX said:

Amen. I like Jordan but the last few books has been moving too slow.

And what the hell was he thinking with instead of finsihing the series of spitting out a prequal. The Lan parts of the prequal was good but the rest was blah.

Last edited:
b_sinning said:
Amen. I like Jordan but the last few books has been moving too slow.

And what the hell was he thinking with instead of finsihing the series of spitting out a prequal. The Lan parts of the prequal was good but the rest was blah.

he was thinking he could squeeze every penny out of his readers before the series ended. because lord knows we're not going to read another conan series :rolleyes:

Oddly, his first conan series was pretty cool. I'm not reading the original conan stories, though. Hard to compete with those.