Anal fantasy junkies?

taeric

Flaccid Member
May 6, 2005
Marklar
₥0
I just saw that the Harry Potter and Chronicles of Narnia trailers are out.

It feels weird to see the Narnia stuff, as I can barely remember the books. (I seem to recall my favorite being a Horse and His Boy. Even that one, though, I don't remember much of.)

The Potter movie, though... The dragon looks cool. I'm more stoked about the book coming out than I am of the movie, though.

FlamingGlory said:
Narnia is the most depressing stuff ever written for children.

I enjoyed them. Granted, I was in 6th grade. (I think.)

What was so bad about them? The christian stuff? I can see how that would be somewhat discouraging. Not sure that it bothers me, though. Of course, it would probably help if I could remember the last two books. From what I've heard, those were the worst as far as the propaganda like feel goes.

taeric said:
I enjoyed them. Granted, I was in 6th grade. (I think.)

What was so bad about them? The christian stuff? I can see how that would be somewhat discouraging. Not sure that it bothers me, though. Of course, it would probably help if I could remember the last two books. From what I've heard, those were the worst as far as the propaganda like feel goes.
...No. I went to catholic school. Christian stuff is normal.

It was the whole idea of them growing up and stuff. Then when I was older I realized why the older kids werent allowed to go back etc. Then the fact they all die in the end.

Fat Burger said:
Narnia was no more Christian than LoTR or The Matrix, for that matter. It just has a more Christian light shone on it because of Lewis' other books.
LoTR wasnt very much christian at all. It was more of a Star Wars type thing imo.

The Matrix is actually extremely black power if you look for the right stuff. THere is an author that the brothers are very fond of. I cant remember his name but if you search for it you should be able to. All he does is preach black power and how they are going to rule the world in the future 0_o

FlamingGlory said:
...No. I went to catholic school. Christian stuff is normal.

It was the whole idea of them growing up and stuff. Then when I was older I realized why the older kids werent allowed to go back etc. Then the fact they all die in the end.

Ah, I thought you meant that it was depressing that it was written for kids.

Yeah, I can agree that it is nowhere near as "happy ending" as other books I read at that age. Still, I'm glad I read them.

Delphinium said:
So I've heard too. I started reading the books years ago, but never finished them.

Funny, I could say the same thing for the story of Christ. :) Started that book years ago.

Now I can say that I not only waited for the film adaptation of that, but of the allegory to it, as well. Lovely.

I am a Harry Potter junkie... it's quite sad actually.
I had never touched the books or even seen the movies until this winter. I watched the first three movies in one weekend adn then decided I needed to start the books. I read the first 2 books in a day and a half :fly:
Right now I am on the 5th book... just finished the part where Ron gets his letter to Hogwarts and finds out he's a prefect :D

I'm just dying for the movie... It will be interresting to see how they make Voldemort look... I'm excited...
And as for the book... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh and I currently have a Harry Potter wallpaper on my parents computer

Im so ashamed of my obsession :(

Oh and as for the Chronicles of Narnia, the books kicked ass, so I am really looking forward to the movies (if they are done properly)
My plan is to finish the 5th Harry Potter book, then read the 6th when it comes out. And then work through the Chronicles of Narnia, The Series of unfortunate events books and the LOTR books this summer.

I love being a book worm :D

*Fuxx Burger* said:
Oh and as for the Chronicles of Narnia, the books kicked ass, so I am really looking forward to the movies (if they are done properly)
My plan is to finish the 5th Harry Potter book, then read the 6th when it comes out. And then work through the Chronicles of Narnia, The Series of unfortunate events books and the LOTR books this summer.

I love being a book worm :D

Than don't have kids soon, I used to be a bookworm, but have barely picked one up since the baby came along, I just don't have time to just sit anymore!