An unwanted gift - no it's not a STD

Old school ftw!

69879797_217788402_0.jpeg

itburnswhenipee said:
Yeah, but if you buy in to the marketing bullshit-- which a lot of people do, it seems-- that watch makes a statement about you and what kind of man you are. Why, according to some soulless blight on society who works in advertising, your watch is the first thing that people notice about you. A good watch lets others know just what caliber an individual you are. Do you really want to give that up?
Actually, I _can_ tell a lot about many people by what watch they have (in context of course)

ChikkenNoodul said:
Actually, I _can_ tell a lot about many people by what watch they have (in context of course)

Oh yeah? Well riddle me this, Karnac:

You're being interviewed by four people for a job. The first person is wearing a black, inexpensive casio. The second person is wearing something similar to the fossil watch linked to above. The third person is wearing something that makes Mr. T's fashion sense seem understated. The last person isn't wearing a watch.

Divine their personalities, please.

itburnswhenipee said:
Oh yeah? Well riddle me this, Karnac:

You're being interviewed by four people for a job. The first person is wearing a black, inexpensive casio. The second person is wearing something similar to the fossil watch linked to above. The third person is wearing something that makes Mr. T's fashion sense seem understated. The last person isn't wearing a watch.

Divine their personalities, please.
Without the context of the rest of their appearance/mannerisms to go on...

The casio fellow is comfortable with himself, and tends to prefer function over style.

The fossil fellow values appearance somewhat, a conformist really - or could be the casio guy who got it as a gift.

The garish looking watch fellow - are we talking drug store 'gold nugget' watch or white gold with diamonds Piaget?

The fourth guy is just weird.

kiwi said:
Well, than there's your gift, come home with tickets to someplace.
We just came back from cold as hell Boston and New Hampshire. Plus we'll be going down to Puerto Rico in November. She has reached her trip quota for the year :)

edit: plus I WANT A TREO 650.

lemon_fresh said:
We just came back from cold as hell Boston and New Hampshire. Plus we'll be going down to Puerto Rico in November. She has reached her trip quota for the year :)

edit: plus I WANT A TREO 650.

Sounds like you are going to have to deal with the sulking.

i can't imagine being that way to my husband. i'd MUCH rather have the money well spent than tolerated.

could you acknowledge that you KNOW she's a thoughtful person and you APPRECIATE all the time and work put in to finding this watch and you HATE that you MIGHT hurt her feelings a bit but you really had your eye on something else? if you let her know just how hard she works at finding the right gift, then maybe that's enough. it might sting a bit, but she'll love you for trying and not dismissing her.

Did she know you wanted the Treo?

You know all this happened because she's more in tune with Zac's feelings than yours. :fly:

eileenbunny said:
:fly: you just told IBWIP he's weird. I've never seen him wear a watch. What's wrong with that though? I don't wear a watch either. Seems like a silly thing to me unless you happen to be obsessed with time.
I knew he was weird way before this watch revelation. My kind of weird. :drool:

eileenbunny said:
:fly: you just told IBWIP he's weird. I've never seen him wear a watch. What's wrong with that though? I don't wear a watch either. Seems like a silly thing to me unless you happen to be obsessed with time.

Seconded... never been interested in jewlery or watches. :eek:

eileenbunny said:

Lady, that's a damned lie. I wore a watch religiously until shortly after we started dating. It was around that time that I realized that I regularly carried at least three time telling machines on my person. The watch seemed a bit superfluous after my little epiphany.

itburnswhenipee said:
Lady, that's a damned lie. I wore a watch religiously until shortly after we started dating. It was around that time that I realized that I regularly carried at least three time telling machines on my person. The watch seemed a bit superfluous after my little epiphany.

Are you saying that I made you weird? :mad: