An unwanted gift - no it's not a STD

lemon_fresh said:
The wife bought me this for my birthday:
http://www.fossil.com/shopping/prod...UCT&iMainCat=957&iSubCat=969&iProductID=10449

And the truth is, I don't like it. I wasn't really in the market for a watch and if I wanted a watch it isn't even close to what I would have purchased for myself.

If it were any one but my wife giving this to me I'd have ZERO problems returning it. But, it's my wife. My wife puts alot of herself into a gift, so I know that she's going to be, more than just a little upset, if I ask her about returning it.

My question is this, how does one go about telling some one that their gift just didn't fit the bill, with out hurting that persons feelings?

God I'm being such a nancy boy about this, but I really wanted a Treo 650, not some watch. Unless of course the watch was a Breitling, like I want, but am too cheap to buy.

You don't. Women will have hurt feelings about shit like this no matter what. :(

fly said:
omfg you are such a woman. You had expectations of a gift, yet didn't tell her about it. What a vag...
Actually, fucktard, I told her to buy me clothes. Pants specifically, nice pants. They were not only wanted but needed as well. I didn't think she was going to go off script like that.

I didn't want her to buy me an expensive ass Treo, cause she would have if I had told her. I want a treo, but I am not prepared to drop big bucks on one right now.

edit - quit taking her side :)

lemon_fresh said:
Actually, fucktard, I told her to buy me clothes. Pants specifically, nice pants. They were not only wanted but needed as well. I didn't think she was going to go off script like that.

I didn't want her to buy me an expensive ass Treo, cause she would have if I had told her. I want a treo, but I am not prepared to drop big bucks on one right now.

edit - quit taking her side :)
So are you getting pants now or a Treo? uh-huh :fly:

btw, she REALLY didn't know to buy you pants cause I called and asked what we should get you on your birthday eve and she was clueless as to what we could purchase.