Amusing tech support story

BigDov said:
God, I hope I never have to have one of those, I'm way too claustrophobic. *shudders*

I can't imagine how overweight people feel in there.
There was barely enough room for me, and I'm a fairly average build...

I heard someone telling the tech before I went in something about someone being extremely claustrophobic... I would imagine this would be a nightmare for them.

I was fine with that aspect... The noise and the vibration were horrible on my headache... :(

ChikkenNoodul said:
Haha, having it look like that would be awesome.

Iodine IV? *shudder* I had radioactive iron oxide for the second MRI, that was crazy - took three different veins to get it all in.

I would imagine neat little blinking LED's would mess with the test, but painting it wouldn't interefere... I think I'm gonna patent the idea. No stealing it! :p

I remember one injection or IV they had to give me was a glowing blue liquid. It looked like something out of a movie... I was really impressed. :)

Mondoz said:
I would imagine neat little blinking LED's would mess with the test, but painting it wouldn't interefere... I think I'm gonna patent the idea. No stealing it! :p

I remember one injection or IV they had to give me was a glowing blue liquid. It looked like something out of a movie... I was really impressed. :)
I think that idea's pretty worthwhile :p

I thought it'd be cool if they had little TV's in there or something

Mondoz said:
I guess not. I thought I had an open MRI once. I guess it was just a CT scan.

When I saw the machine, I asked the tech "You're gonna put me in there??" :eek:

I didn't realize how small they were.

Yeah, they are small all right. I've never had to have one (and hope I never do) but a family member had to have one. It was a VERY close fit :eek:

ChikkenNoodul said:
I think that idea's pretty worthwhile :p

I thought it'd be cool if they had little TV's in there or something

I'm just glad they didn't put those lame inspirational posters or pictures of small animals in there like they have on dentist celings...

I hate those.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Oh god, those things are awful.

"Keep your chin up, the pain only lasts until you die"

:lol:

Oh, I also read that I can request a copy of the results on CD. In a day or two I'm gonna go back and get a copy...
I figure pics of my brain would be kinda neat.
I'll post some of them if they look cool.

<insert joke involving microscopes required to see said brain here>

Ooooohhh... The vicodin is starting to kick in. 'Bout damn time.

I don't do drugs or anything so I always feel guilty about the high I get from these... Unless I decide to make some kind of radical lifestyle change, I imagine it's the closest I'll get to the real thing.

Mondoz said:

Oh, I also read that I can request a copy of the results on CD. In a day or two I'm gonna go back and get a copy...

Hey, that's pretty sweet!

I wanna see if I can get my scans on CD now :p

Mondoz said:

That will be something new, pics of your brain! :lol:

As small as the pics should be they really don't need anything bigger than a floppy to store them on though, do they?

dreamwalker said:
That will be something new, pics of your brain! :lol:

As small as the pics should be they really don't need anything bigger than a floppy to store them on though, do they?

Oh, I get it.
:p

dreamwalker said:
So your brain is functioning after all! :p

I keep having to adjust my estimate of your intelligence up, then down, then up again, then back down :confused:

This is nothing compared to the conversation we're having over PM's right now..... :fly:

dreamwalker said:
So your brain is functioning after all! :p

I keep having to adjust my estimate of your intelligence up, then down, then up again, then back down :confused:

Oh yeah, baby.. Up and down... Up and down...
Just like that... Oh yeah...

BigDov said:
This is nothing compared to the conversation we're having over PM's right now..... :fly:

I think it's the first time I've ever had a serios conversation about that particular subject quite like this.