Thread This just in! Cats suck massholes. Film @ 11.

When I read the story, they had no backing, no reasonal explanation as to why they killed cats and fed them to kittens and kept on doing it. It was a freak show.

Many scientists also had comfirmed it was ridicilous.

I haven't read the story in the link. Can't stand any other word of it.

Nice to know you like cats though.
Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute (of some infamy in the VW emissions scandal) has a sort of regular cycle of outrage when the news re-runs their "dogs are used as test subjects and killed!" stories about every 18 months.

But y'know what, they're being used to test hypotheses, and it's hypocritical of people to care more about those than any other mammal used in scientific research. My own mother used to gather data for her research using rats, experiments which required the rats to die in order to get the renal data required.

I like cats just fine, but there's no evil USDA cat-sacrificing cabal just hanging in the shadows to make you angry.

Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute (of some infamy in the VW emissions scandal) has a sort of regular cycle of outrage when the news re-runs their "dogs are used as test subjects and killed!" stories about every 18 months.

But y'know what, they're being used to test hypotheses, and it's hypocritical of people to care more about those than any other mammal used in scientific research. My own mother used to gather data for her research using rats, experiments which required the rats to die in order to get the renal data required.

I like cats just fine, but there's no evil USDA cat-sacrificing cabal just hanging in the shadows to make you angry.
It's the Chinese buffet cabal that you have to watch out for.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer

We're all hypocrits. I get mad at scientist for killing cats, dogs, rats but I use the medicine that got made thanks to those trials. Because I'd rather live, and someone has to do the dirty work right?

And I eat the burger that has a dead cow in it.

See, this is why I hate humans. We're a bunch of bastards. Fuck us all.

And I'm still mad at USDA and every other being that harms cats, because cats are magnificent. If it weren't for cat's, I don't think I'd have a reason to stay on this planet at all.

We're all hypocrits. I get mad at scientist for killing cats, dogs, rats but I use the medicine that got made thanks to those trials. Because I'd rather live, and someone has to do the dirty work right?

And I eat the burger that has a dead cow in it.

See, this is why I hate humans. We're a bunch of bastards. Fuck us all.

And I'm still mad at USDA and every other being that harms cats, because cats are magnificent. If it weren't for cat's, I don't think I'd have a reason to stay on this planet at all.
If you get a chance, watch Love, Death, and Robots. There's a few good stories in there about cats.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum and nukes
Just picked up a new trap. Found a place that fixes feral cats 6 days a week for $45. We've got two to capture!

In the area I live in, we had a lady here who would collect empty cans from residents (we had a 5 cent deposit back then, now it’s 10 cents), return them for the cash, and used the cash to get feral cats fixed. She was a saint.

Busybodies complained that she “might” fix someone’s cat, so she was forced to stop. Then the management started capturing them and taking them to a shelter where a lot of them were put down.

This fucking world.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
If you get a chance, watch Love, Death, and Robots. There's a few good stories in there about cats.

I captured a short video of the cat on the robot’s shoulders freaking out.

About half of that series was pretty great.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
i finished it up last night.

I liked the first episode (girl/monster fighting), the one about the guy that overshot his light speed jump, and the mech farmer episode.

The chinese fox demon episode was cool too.

In the area I live in, we had a lady here who would collect empty cans from residents (we had a 5 cent deposit back then, now it’s 10 cents), return them for the cash, and used the cash to get feral cats fixed. She was a saint.

Busybodies complained that she “might” fix someone’s cat, so she was forced to stop. Then the management started capturing them and taking them to a shelter where a lot of them were put down.

This fucking world.
Fuck that. If your cat is outside, and not fixed - it godamned will be soon if you live around me. And you'll get a free notched ear for the fucker as well.

This fucking world.

Sometimes a kick in the groin is a very good idea. (And I don't mean kick the cats)

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
190503797FullSizeR.jpg

Got the results from her tests/scans yesterday. Several masses, cancer. I have prescriptions for appetite stimulation and anti-nausea. Palliative care from here on out. I didn’t ask about a timeline.