Thread This just in! Cats suck massholes. Film @ 11.

The amount of people who don't microchip their pets is TOO DAMN LOW.

Seems like every loose dog we catch and take to the vet... no chip.
Many vets don't suggest it, only if you ask. I know some of the humane societies around here won't put an animal out for adoption unless it has a microchip (as well as up to date shots and spaying/neutering). To be honest, I don't think any of my 3 barn cats are chipped. Fairly certain Lucy is spayed. Not sure on the tiger cat. I do need to catch her and bring her to the vet for shots. Hard to coordinate with my vet since she is understaffed and overbooked all of the time, as most of the vets are in my area and the tiger cat isn't always around.

Many vets don't suggest it, only if you ask. I know some of the humane societies around here won't put an animal out for adoption unless it has a microchip (as well as up to date shots and spaying/neutering). To be honest, I don't think any of my 3 barn cats are chipped. Fairly certain Lucy is spayed. Not sure on the tiger cat. I do need to catch her and bring her to the vet for shots. Hard to coordinate with my vet since she is understaffed and overbooked all of the time, as most of the vets are in my area and the tiger cat isn't always around.
She's technically a stray so purrhaps the humane society or SPCA can help with the spaying and shots?

Injured dog somewhere in our neighborhood :( bloody footprints all over our neighbors walk and ours and the church parking lot next door. Tracked it for about half a mile, but lost the prints in a dusty section.

Dont know whos doggo it is, but it was going to houses looking for help :(

Happened about 6am this morning, didnt catch it on the camera, but could see when the bloody footprints showed up on our walk
never did find this dog :( hope he made it ok to someone who could help.

It's not a money thing, just more of a time thing. Hard to get away from work to handle vet visits.
That's what I mean... our vet couldn't take us as a walk-in after trapping a stray so we go to the humane society. I don't want to leave the cat in a cage longer than needed.

I watched an episode of the Nature of Things (with David Suzuki) & a guy was following around some moose calves & one of them became wolf pack fodder

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
The amount of people who don't microchip their pets is TOO DAMN LOW.

Seems like every loose dog we catch and take to the vet... no chip.
We found a gorgeous, incredibly friendly all black German Shepherd once. Took it to the nearest vet, it was chipped. Fuckers didn't register the chip.

Luckily we found the family she belonged to. She was a sweet old girl.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and APRIL
We have a place called Emancipet here that does spay/neuter, shots, and chip for pretty cheap. Even has discounts for even cheaper and even free days sometimes if you watch their schedule. Even has a mobile clinic that's a RV type thing that's a surgery room inside where they go out to different neighborhoods and do it on site.

They're good people. Portland's a pretty hippie, progressive type town, they must have something like that.

We found a gorgeous, incredibly friendly all black German Shepherd once. Took it to the nearest vet, it was chipped. Fuckers didn't register the chip.

Luckily we found the family she belonged to. She was a sweet old girl.

This happens a lot here. They don't register with the chip company or don't update their contact info if they move or change phone numbers, etc. Chip doesn't do any good like that.

This happens a lot here. They don't register with the chip company or don't update their contact info if they move or change phone numbers, etc. Chip doesn't do any good like that.
I think the chips are kind of a scam. Charge for the chip, charge for the database entry, charge for the database update. Should be one charge for the chip, unlimited updates good forever. At least that was the way during the last time I got a pet from the local shelter.

As long as you're okay with an ear notch, I'm sure there are places around you that will do it for cheap. IIRC, the Humane Society here does it for $25 for spay and shots.

She’s the roomie’s and he has cash-

I used to DL coupons from the Humane Society here, because they don’t fix there, but they have a list of vets that honor the coupons. I used to fix strays back when I had the means.

My sweetheart of sweethearts, Bean ☹️ Got fixed that way.

I've determined that my cats both just walk around the outside of the house in circles for a very significant portion of the day. each loop takes about 3 minutes

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and Josh
We have a place called Emancipet here that does spay/neuter, shots, and chip for pretty cheap. Even has discounts for even cheaper and even free days sometimes if you watch their schedule. Even has a mobile clinic that's a RV type thing that's a surgery room inside where they go out to different neighborhoods and do it on site.

They're good people. Portland's a pretty hippie, progressive type town, they must have something like that.

Kind of. See above ^^ about the coupon for spay and neuter, chips, not that I’m aware. That’s really a luxury item.

Plus, I don’t live in Portland proper so doubtful I get sheeeeeeiiiiiiiit

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer