Thread This just in! Cats suck massholes. Film @ 11.

One of mine didn’t go so peaceful once. She was about 20 years old, and was losing her mind. I took her out of the carrier and she went nuts. They had to wrap her in a blanket and leave the room for a minute, then returned with her sedated with an IV port in her arm, then it went smooth.

It was my son’s real first pet and his first witnessing euthanasia. Pretty traumatic.
Bane fought a bit with the first needle... she had to wrap him in a blanket too to calm him. ugh..

One of mine didn’t go so peaceful once. She was about 20 years old, and was losing her mind. I took her out of the carrier and she went nuts. They had to wrap her in a blanket and leave the room for a minute, then returned with her sedated with an IV port in her arm, then it went smooth.

It was my son’s real first pet and his first witnessing euthanasia. Pretty traumatic.

That one really didn't like going to the vet.

Haven't had that happen, yet.

Our vet is the kindest man you can imagine when it comes to this stuff. Old guy must've done this thousands of times and he still ends up shedding a tear too. Nothing ever feels clinical or rushed. We're with them the whole time. Their last experience in this world is getting petted and told they're loved.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Thanks my bro.

I’ve been deathly ill (nearly went to the ER 3 times) and she just got worse until I had to resign myself to the fact that I couldn’t be there with her. Thank goodness I have my son around. He said it was peaceful, and I believe it because she was a good girl.
How are you doing? Health-wise and stuff?

How are you doing? Health-wise and stuff?

I’m out of danger for now, thanks. Friday was iffy. One of my siblings in the area nearly called 911 because I wouldn’t.

She had masses on her lungs and near her heart, found less than a month ago. We had Rx appetite stimulants but they stopped working early last week and she stopped eating (again) on Tuesday and only got off the bed to pee then would lay on the floor until I put her back on the bed, even though there is a mini set of stairs next to the bed.

This is our first companion-lessness since 1990. House feels REAL empty.

🥺

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh and HipHugHer
I’m out of danger for now, thanks. Friday was iffy. One of my siblings in the area nearly called 911 because I wouldn’t.

She had masses on her lungs and near her heart, found less than a month ago. We had Rx appetite stimulants but they stopped working early last week and she stopped eating (again) on Tuesday and only got off the bed to pee then would lay on the floor until I put her back on the bed, even though there is a mini set of stairs next to the bed.

🥺
Houses without animals are really strange places. :(

🥺
Whoa.... so are you home now? I have so many questions, but shouldn't pry... but just know that I'm concerned and glad to hear you're out of danger now... but golly!!!!!

:heart: So sorry to hear about your cat too... what a double whammy. It's so tough to see a loved one no longer enjoying life anymore. Hug hug hugs!!!!

• Love
Whoa.... so are you home now? I have so many questions, but shouldn't pry... but just know that I'm concerned and glad to hear you're out of danger now... but golly!!!!!

:heart: So sorry to hear about your cat too... what a double whammy. It's so tough to see a loved one no longer enjoying life anymore. Hug hug hugs!!!!

Yes, I never went to the ER. My system is compromised pretty bad, but I rarely catch colds because I isolate.

I had an infectious disease doc tell me in 2004 that I was screwed and to be really careful from here on out. I didn’t really swallow that, but I’ll be damned, a few months later a common cold landed me in the ICU for a week with pleurisy.

My son started catching it late Friday and he’s already feeling better. My entire system went haywire, no eating, green diarrhea for days, cold sweats. I was laying on my bathroom floor in a pool with 911 dialed and my thumb on “call”. 😁 I’m by no means well yet, but I don’t feel like I’m dying anymore.

Thanks again, honey.

Yes, I never went to the ER. My system is compromised pretty bad, but I rarely catch colds because I isolate.

I had an infectious disease doc tell me in 2004 that I was screwed and to be really careful from here on out. I didn’t really swallow that, but I’ll be damned, a few months later a common cold landed me in the ICU for a week with pleurisy.

My son started catching it late Friday and he’s already feeling better. My entire system went haywire, no eating, green diarrhea for days, cold sweats. I was laying on my bathroom floor in a pool with 911 dialed and my thumb on “call”. 😁 I’m by no means well yet, but I don’t feel like I’m dying anymore.

Thanks again, honey.
Glad you're doing better brother. Sorry about Bean.
:F

• Love
My main barn cat has run away. About a month ago I was trying to get some more mats out of her fur and nicked her skin. Had to take her to the vet and get some stitches. They got all of the mats out under anesthesia, I should have done that first. Anyway, she had to be kept inside for 10 days while the wound healed up. She was pretty good about being a house cat actually. Very friendly. After 10 days were up, I had to trap her in a room to get her back in the carrier to take her back to the vet and get the stitches taken out. I guess that was super traumatic and she didn't forgive me. When I brought her back home, she hid under a chair, until I picked the chair up and she finally went outside. That was the last time I saw her.

The other two barn cats are coming closer to the house and me without her around I guess. Not enough to touch them though. Small black cat and a tiger/tabby cat.

My main barn cat has run away. About a month ago I was trying to get some more mats out of her fur and nicked her skin. Had to take her to the vet and get some stitches. They got all of the mats out under anesthesia, I should have done that first. Anyway, she had to be kept inside for 10 days while the wound healed up. She was pretty good about being a house cat actually. Very friendly. After 10 days were up, I had to trap her in a room to get her back in the carrier to take her back to the vet and get the stitches taken out. I guess that was super traumatic and she didn't forgive me. When I brought her back home, she hid under a chair, until I picked the chair up and she finally went outside. That was the last time I saw her.

The other two barn cats are coming closer to the house and me without her around I guess. Not enough to touch them though. Small black cat and a tiger/tabby cat.
She'll come back. They always do. Free food is hard to pass up.

You're a crazy cat person too... we need a club with cat hair badges or something.

Thanks again, honey.
Holy shit. I have the common cold right now and should quit my fucking bitching about it. :lol:

So I guess you don't go around licking doorknobs in day care centers at this point, eh.

Holy shit. I have the common cold right now and should quit my fucking bitching about it. :lol:

So I guess you don't go around licking doorknobs in day care centers at this point, eh.

Hehe

I also discovered I can’t get flu shots anymore too. The last two I received made me so sick I had to drop out of school after one.

The other one- I had one of my Ilizarov cages on my leg and my body tried to reject it.

Reference pic:
E7EA65F7-A4BC-4276-982C-0A288366D4E0.jpeg

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL and HipHugHer
You're like a real life bionic man.

I broke one of the frames at least six times, once so bad I had to go back into surgery to get it fixed. My doctor also decided to use me as a tester for different wire types since I was so good at fucking it up.

I had five wires going through my foot and he left enough wire coiled on either end that when I broke it, he could just uncoil it and pull it through. Man, that felt weird.

They use those things in Russia to lengthen legs on models. They really are miracle devices. I saw a kid with birth defects grow arms of normal length over a 3 year period. Amazing stuff.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL and HipHugHer
Hehe

I also discovered I can’t get flu shots anymore too. The last two I received made me so sick I had to drop out of school after one.

The other one- I had one of my Ilizarov cages on my leg and my body tried to reject it.

Reference pic:
View attachment 7360
One of my elementary school classmates had one of these, for like 18 months or 2 years. He was born with one leg too short, like 2" difference. Poor guy, he was in super pain all the time. He transferred to another school after like grade 4, but came back for a school dance a few years later and as I recall, he only had a slight limp. Amazing transformation.