Thread This just in! Cats suck massholes. Film @ 11.

Saying this now as I don't think I'll be able to speak for a while.

We scheduled the appt for tomorrow morning. We are going to miss this force in our lives so deeply that it feels like part of us is dying and we'll never be whole again. We are truly in love with this cat. He is our child.

We took him on a car ride this morning because he loves them so much.

Enjoyed an Old Bane (old fashioned with extra orange flavors and high proof Bourbon) with @Wessels tonight. He's allowed on the counter this one time... He's such a good boy because he's like "oh shit, I'm not allowed up here" and tried to get down.

Ugh. Life is so cruel at times, but 20 years with someone you love is so... Just... Amazing.

@macg
51ff35c4518f330058e7fea3360c8f86.jpg
f1ac2948b8dbc4ef586fc1d545bfeb12.jpg

We scheduled the appt for tomorrow morning. We are going to miss this force in our lives so deeply that it feels like part of us is dying and we'll never be whole again. We are truly in love with this cat. He is our child.

Enjoyed an Old Bane (old fashioned with extra orange flavors and high proof Bourbon) with @Wessels tonight. He's allowed on the counter this one time... He's such a good boy because he's like "oh shit, I'm not allowed up here" and tried to get down.

Ugh. Life is so cruel at times, but 20 years with someone you love is so... Just... Amazing.

@macg
Jesus Christ, I'm so sorry.

I know my dog's turn is coming sooner rather than later, but I'm happy for you guys that you got as long as you did.

Stay strong for your fella.

Sorry for your loss. Words don’t work for this. Imagine hugs for you both and a reacharound for fly instead.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes

@macg
what a good boy.

what brand of food ya'll feed your cats (dry food). We bought into the grain free thingie and theyve been on Merrick Beyond grain for their whole lives, but was wondering what others do.

@macg

Bane is one of the luckiest feline that ever walked this planet, because he has you.

You are one of the luckiest people, because you have him.

You will always be whole, his life energy will never leave you.

I love you people. Wish I could do, or say more.

I love you Bane, you magnificent bastard!

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get this goddamn dust out of my eye...

what brand of food ya'll feed your cats (dry food). We bought into the grain free thingie and theyve been on Merrick Beyond grain for their whole lives, but was wondering what others do.

Regular ol' Purina chow here but we've always had enough animals to be considered a borderline commercial operation. Seemingly small costs add up when you start multiplying them.

Cheaper stuff uses a lot of corn based stuff. Now that we're down to two cat-size dogs they get better food. The most noticeable thing is shit production is reduced. Body makes use of more of the food and less gets expelled as waste. More nutrition, less filler. Kinda like the difference between eating fast food and good food.

Meat-based protein really does seem to do better, although with feeding 4 cats plus a stray or two they're still on Purina.

This one is 20 years old now on the stuff but others only lasted 12-15.

KIMG1145.jpg

She also feeds them various varieties of canned wet food all the time. Haven't measured it but dry food is undoubtedly less than half their diet.

@macg

omg i’m sooooo sorry you guises

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor