Thread This just in! Cats suck massholes. Film @ 11.

img_4570.gif

img_4574.gif

Not sure how I should better set this barn cat room up. Was formerly the chicken coop or guinea foul coop. This is how the sellers left it. The room is partially insulated. Has exterior door into the barn left open for the cats to come and go. Heat lamp is 250w. I'd like to find something else that's a little more power efficient to keep the cats warm. I don't think they sleep together. One sleeps upstairs and one in this room. I'd like to just consolidate into this one room.
8e0d0074ecd2ca15c78a1dbe0552a54a.jpg
e2bf15c9a09e50e5751657727035ea02.jpg

Not sure how I should better set this barn cat room up. Was formerly the chicken coop or guinea foul coop. This is how the sellers left it. The room is partially insulated. Has exterior door into the barn left open for the cats to come and go. Heat lamp is 250w. I'd like to find something else that's a little more power efficient to keep the cats warm. I don't think they sleep together. One sleeps upstairs and one in this room. I'd like to just consolidate into this one room.

Small pet door, or just hole big enough for a cat instead of leaving a whole door open.

Cheap oil-filled radiator heater probably be more efficient. Draw more than the heat lamp while it's running but it won't run all the time. Place it close to the barn wall and it'll warm the wall and turn it into a big radiator. Low settings are like 600 watts but it should cycle off a good bit just to keep the room 45f or so. Anything above freezing probably be enough as they'll curl up next to the heater.

51x+BiSQf8L.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Also that heat lamp is way too high up in the air. They're not supposed to heat the whole room, just make a warm spot under it for the critters.

Putting the radiator in the corner will do something similar. It'll cycle off when it's warm where its temp sensor is and not try to heat the whole room. The cats will come to the heater.

The one from upstairs might move itself in there once it figures out that's where the warmth and the food is. As long as it tolerates the other one.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and nukes
Awwwwweeww... You bought them wet food. That's stinking cute. You love those little fuckers. :)