Thread American Borat

OzSTEEZ

¡ɟɟo ʞɔnɟ ʇunɔ 'ᴉO
Nov 11, 2008
Oz
Marklar
₥25,442
So Mitt Romney's trip to the UK has become a laughing stock, aka #Romneyshambles.

He's been referred to as the American Borat.

Hee are some of the comments/zongs/burns/ on twitter about his visit.

Mitt Romney retroactively cancels visit to London.

"The trip was meant to make him look presidential... it made him look like Mr. Bean."

You can tell @MittRomney's doing badly when he starts getting booed by rich white people

According to my friends in Gloucestershire, Brits are already beginning to call Mitt Romney "the American Borat."

Next up: Driving around London with the queen's corgis on the roof.

Mitt Romney makes George Bush look like Aristotle.

Dear America. Look we get the point ok! Sorry. OK, you send us back @piersmorgan and PLEASE you take back @MittRomney

Can this get any worse for Romney? Boris is now mocking him in front of 60,000 people in Hyde Park

British government quotes include: What a total shocker / We are speechless / Worse than Palin / Total car crash

:lol:

Gratuitously Catty Olympics Dig Reveals Startling Insight to Romney Diplomacy

Barely 12 hours since leaving the country, Mitt Romney has already caused an entirely avoidable international public-relations crisis.

Romney, The New York Times reports, “called the British Olympic preparations ‘disconcerting’ and questioned whether Londoners would turn out to support the Games.” Sure. Why wouldn’the do this? It’s the larger-scale equivalent of refusing a plate of cookies from an old lady because the snacks appear to be purchased at a 7-11.

In response to Romney’s dig, British prime minister David Cameron shot back by mocking Salt Lake City, the site of the Romney-produced 2002 Winter Games. “We are holding an Olympic Games in one of the busiest, most active, bustling cities anywhere in the world. Of course it’s easier if you hold an Olympic Games in the middle of nowhere,” Cameron said.

We can just imagine how Romney’s unparalleled diplomatic savvy will inform foreign relations during his presidency. . .

[Harp music and smoke]

Romney to French president François Hollande: “Your country’s a little. . . I don’t know, gay?”

Romney to German chancellor Angela Merkel: “It’s just odd. All the other Angelas I know are very attractive girls.”

Romney to South African president Jacob Zuma: “I know your country is in Africa but it’s notreally in Africa. Not like Africa Africa, thank God.”

:waw:

Last edited:
From his No Apology book:

"England is just a small island. Its roads and houses are small. With few exceptions, it doesn't make things that people in the rest of the world want to buy. And if it hadn't been separated from the continent by water, it almost certainly would have been lost to Hitler's ambitions. Yet only two lifetimes ago, Britain ruled the largest and wealthiest empire in the history of humankind. Britain controlled a quarter of the earth's land and a quarter of the earth's population."