Thread  American babies are doomed!

They're all inanimate objects capable of doing exactly nothing on their own.
Ban people instead.

• Love
Reactions: fly
I just wanted see if you've added anything to the list. HEH!

Compared to some people around here I don't have very many, lol.

Would like one of these cheap 1858 Remington replicas with a spare cylinder or two, that would be cool.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Compared to some people around here I don't have very many, lol.

Would like one of these cheap 1858 Remington replicas with a spare cylinder or two, that would be cool.

I here ya. You know I love my firearms, crossbows, wrist rockets, etc. Basically anything that might stop an invading force. Even if it's just my garden they are trying to storm. ;)

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I here ya. You know I love my firearms, crossbows, wrist rockets, etc. Basically anything that might stop an invading force. Even if it's just my garden they are trying to storm. ;)

Someday when I don't have a million other things to do I'd like to make a longbow the old fashion way.
Would have to learn to flint nap first.
Or cheat and use a knife.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Just to play devils advocate here...

I'm reading this Malcolm Gladwell book right now. He talks about the crisis they had (in England, iirc) with women killing themselves with what was called 'town gas'. This was right before natural gas was a thing. Everyone had town gas in their home to cook with. The problem was that town gas had high levels of carbon monoxide. That allowed (mostly women) to stick their head in the oven and kill themselves. And it happened a lot.

Then came natural gas. Cleaner, cheaper, etc. Almost overnight (5-10 years), the entire country switched its infrastructure and appliances to natural gas which doesn't have enough CO in it to kill you. Conventional wisdom might suggest that women just moved on to the next easiest thing to kill themselves. Instead, female suicide rates plummeted.

The author made no connection to gun violence, but I did. It seems obvious to me that if guns aren't available, people will still find a way to do evil things. But that story made me think - maybe not...

I'm reading this Malcolm Gladwell book right now. He talks about the crisis they had (in England, iirc) with women killing themselves with what was called 'town gas'. This was right before natural gas was a thing. Everyone had town gas in their home to cook with. The problem was that town gas had high levels of carbon monoxide. That allowed (mostly women) to stick their head in the oven and kill themselves. And it happened a lot.

Then came natural gas. Cleaner, cheaper, etc. Almost overnight (5-10 years), the entire country switched its infrastructure and appliances to natural gas which doesn't have enough CO in it to kill you. Conventional wisdom might suggest that women just moved on to the next easiest thing to kill themselves. Instead, female suicide rates plummeted.

The author made no connection to gun violence, but I did. It seems obvious to me that if guns aren't available, people will still find a way to do evil things. But that story made me think - maybe not...

Guns certainly make it easier, mass clubbing is a lot of work.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD

Natural gas produces carbon monoxide if not burning cleanly. Yellow flame is the first clue. Neighbor of ours did it the car-in-garage method. Shame, seemed to be the sweetest lady.