Thread  American babies are doomed!

Of course it's too many, but every time a kid dies from... anything - it can't just be a crisis. That paralysis would prevent progress on anything.

Its not simply a kid dying. And maybe “crisis” isn’t the right word, but I can’t think of a better term at the moment.

Let’s eliminate “crisis” and go with “senseless act of violence resulting in multiple deaths yearly”.

We’ll save “crisis” for kids who vape.

According to .gov there's around 56 million school age kids in the US. All of them going to school 5 days a week.
With those kinda numbers there's probably more dying on the way to school than getting shot in it.
It's a non-problem people blow out of proportion for shock value, power and control.
Back away from the pipe bro. GFC!

• Gravy
Reactions: pacojas

Excellent example of sensationalism.
Do you even maths, bro?
Give me a conclusion and I'll make you a statistic to support it.

You're using a different metric. How many of those were school shootings?

You're using a different metric. How many of those were school shootings?
I realize that - I was going for the shock value, don't cha know. There was never a school shooting at my high school and I grew up in a place almost as shitty as Detroit. Drugs, gangs, fight, everybody low income - no shootings at a school with almost 2000 kids. Evar.
That's purely anecdotal but something is obviously going wrong in US schools. And homes.

Almost 800 children die every year from accidental drowning. Is this a crisis? Should we ban water?

These types of arguments are just stupid. Any time a comparison is made using anything other than a weapon is just stupid.

Try this, my friend. You run marathons. After your next one, instead of grabbing water, try to rehydrate using a gun. Let me know how that works out for you.*

*not really, but it’s just as stupid as these comparisons that get pulled out of asses. “Let’s ban cars!” Derp.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD