Thread  American babies are doomed!

According to .gov there's around 56 million school age kids in the US. All of them going to school 5 days a week.
With those kinda numbers there's probably more dying on the way to school than getting shot in it.
It's a non-problem people blow out of proportion for shock value, power and control.

• Love
  • Gravy
Reactions: fly and pacojas
According to .gov there's around 56 million school age kids in the US. All of them going to school 5 days a week.
With those kinda numbers there's probably more dying on the way to school than getting shot in it.
It's a non-problem people blow out of proportion for shock value, power and control.
My man! :heart:

edit: Although I disagree with your reasoning why.

• Love
Reactions: HipHugHer
Nah, context doesn’t matter.

One is an accident or a fluke, like a cerebral hemorrhage. The other is a willful act of violence.

Yep. Virtually no difference.

The point is that there is a VERY low risk of happening. It is most certainly not a crisis.

First sentence, agreed.

Second sentence, not so much. Even one kid shot in school is too many and as often as it (doesn’t ) happen, it’s a crisis. IMO anyway.

Should've stopped at "proportion" anyway. The rest is speculation/opinion.
My own theory is (I think) much simpler. Everyone just wants views, both the media outlets and the kids that do it. If everyone could somehow stop reporting on it, I feel pretty confident that school shootings would evaporate.

• Gravy
First sentence, agreed.

Second sentence, not so much. Even one kid shot in school is too many and as often as it (doesn’t ) happen, it’s a crisis. IMO anyway.

But then again, I’m against the death penalty so I’m just a wimpy librul who values life a little too much.

First sentence, agreed.

Of course it's too many, but every time a kid dies from... anything - it can't just be a crisis. That paralysis would prevent progress on anything.

• Gravy