FYI AMA: Blue Balls Pong!

What are you going to put in the keezer if you're not already brewing? Keep in mind that commercial keg equipment is different than homebrew, so you'll have to make the investment in one or the other.

What are you going to put in the keezer if you're not already brewing? Keep in mind that commercial keg equipment is different than homebrew, so you'll have to make the investment in one or the other.
We have a few local breweries here that will fill the keg. We also have Bevmo that has 5 gallon kegs available. I don't know much about it, but I'm guessing the commercial kegs come carbed, while (obviously) a home brew will need a CO2 canister. In which case if I build it, I might build it for both types. Probably 4 taps 2 for future home brew, one for commercial and 1 for Kombucha. I'm sure I'm looking at a pretty expensive keezer, but I think it would be worth it to have options. :dunno:

We have a few local breweries here that will fill the keg. We also have Bevmo that has 5 gallon kegs available. I don't know much about it, but I'm guessing the commercial kegs come carbed, while (obviously) a home brew will need a CO2 canister. In which case if I build it, I might build it for both types. Probably 4 taps 2 for future home brew, one for commercial and 1 for Kombucha. I'm sure I'm looking at a pretty expensive keezer, but I think it would be worth it to have options. :dunno:
No, you'll need CO2 for both. But most importantly, they use different connectors. Although I think you can get adapters so homebrew setups can use commerical kegs. And you're really not. We've got a 6 tap draft system that we probably built for ~$800, including the freezer.