Thread Am I wrong at getting annoyed/mad at.....

So while I'm not a parent, I am enthralled with the Chinese parenting style. Look up 'Tiger Mom'... it's quite interesting how parenting in the west is very concerned with self-esteem and Chinese parenting is quite the opposite, they are concerned more with excelling. There is less depression, and more successful children this way.
It's not just the parents here, the schools are doing the self-esteem crap too now.

So while I'm not a parent, I am enthralled with the Chinese parenting style. Look up 'Tiger Mom'... it's quite interesting how parenting in the west is very concerned with self-esteem and Chinese parenting is quite the opposite, they are concerned more with excelling. There is less depression, and more successful children this way.

i guess. unless you take into account all of the kids who commit suicide because they can't live up to the pressure.

either way, i agree with the excel attitude... your job as a parent is to prepare a kid for the real world which is a harsh place. this raising kids as giant fickle pussies with a sense of entitlement instead of a work ethic and a drive to achieve needs to stop.

Whine whine whine my Johnny is sad because he got a C in Math, why can't grades just all be stars whine whine whine

parents sueing because their retard didn't make the honor roll, saying it's a privacy issue because others know their kid is a dumb dumb baby now that they aren't on that list published in the school newspaper.

can't keep score at games now so everyone wins. no first place either, everybody gets a trophy. where's the sense of achievement? the desire to excel and do better?

remember when kids mowed their neighbors lawns for spending cash instead of lawn services? my buddies ex wife just got their 7yo kid a cell phone. wtf? kids shouldn't have reoccuring monthly bills. BUT WHAT IF HE NEEDS ME? shit, you just gave that kid an electronic umbilical cord to replace the one the doc cut off.

:waw:

yugetacunocsianunobsian.jpg

They're also allowed only one kid and it has to be a boy.

remember when kids mowed their neighbors lawns for spending cash instead of lawn services? my buddies ex wife just got their 7yo kid a cell phone. wtf? kids shouldn't have reoccuring monthly bills. BUT WHAT IF HE NEEDS ME? shit, you just gave that kid an electronic umbilical cord to replace the one the doc cut off.

:waw:
One of the myriad of things I saw that told me I had to move from Boston suburbs was going into Costco and seeing fathers picking up a Wii/Xbox/PSn for EACH of the small children they had in tow. :dont: