Thread Am I wrong at getting annoyed/mad at.....

I'd kick him out. Best thing DJB ever did for me believe it or not was kicking my ass out. I was an out of order teen and nobody should put up with that crap. Learning to look after myself due to necessity was a good experience. Tough love++

why? so he can end up rolling in a filthy mattress in a homeless gangbang like you?
this kid has amazing talent. period. hes been dealt shitty hand and now more than ever needs the love and support of his loved ones.
once he sees that his support system is in tact then perhaps he will see how much he is loved and in turn will begin to love himself again...
i have seen his videos. he has been a BMX whiz since he was younger. he cant throw that away to fend for himself by diving into dumpsters.
plus i know for a fact juli and liam love him way too much to end up like that.

Thx Keeks. You make me feel a softer side about all this. :)

I layed it down a bit earlier today about a few things. He asked to talk so he could come up with a "plan."

We'll seee...But, tomorrow, he is appointed to raking.

Thx Keeks. You make me feel a softer side about all this. :)

I layed it down a bit earlier today about a few things. He asked to talk so he could come up with a "plan."

We'll seee...But, tomorrow, he is appointed to raking.

see????? there is a ray of hope right there!!!
best thing ive heard all day :heart:

tell him he better rake 2moro or imma beat him:fly:

This is not the first time he's said he would change..
hes 17...

i see where u are coming from on this liam. trust me i do. im in no way trynna dismiss your concerns, as you have every right to be upset and concerned... frankly, if you ignored him and let him rot away in his room, that would show you dont care. cleatly you care or else you wouldnt be trying to help turn his life around.
this is amazing of you. you are doing more than his dad has done in years. he needs this. he needs you... be on his ass!!! but just keep in mind, hes a kid.. he has lots of baggage, thru no fault of his own.
just have have faith.

Him being 17 is no excuse. I went through similar things that he has gone through. But I took risks and took chance and got off my ass and did something.. He seems content to come up with every excuse under the sun why he can't or shouldn't do anything. That attitude is going to do nothing for him. He needs to get his ass a job and learn life.

In under 12 months he will be an adult, and if he hasn't made any changes by then, then he will have changes made for him, i.e. out the door.

stop comparing your past to his present. you are 2 totally diff people living under totally different circumstances.
you are acting like he is the only teenage boy (or girl for that matter) who has gone thru this.
he has his whole life ahead of him. dont write him off like hes done and his life is forever garbage.
he has lots to learn... and you and juli need to teach him. hes made a HUGE transition at a very difficult age and time in his life. starting a new life at 16 is hard... im staring at new life at 25 (its a typo, and it stays!!!) and i still dont know if im making the right decisions half the time.

look, he's approached juli with a plan for change... instead of rolling your eyes and doubting it will go anywhere.. encourage him and be supportive.

if he feels your negativity (which i can feel all the way down to the jungle) nothing will ever change...
the change has to come from everyone. LIAMZZZZZZZZZZ

Last edited:
It's not about me writing him off or not. It's about him making something of himself. I'm giving him the tools he needs to do that, but if he doesn't choose to do something within a given time, I'm going to cut it off. I'm not going to keep on giving forever. The kid needs to learn that this security that we provide for him is not going to last forever and at some point, no matter what has happened in his past, he is going to need to move on and become a man.

you're right. and all we can pray and hope for is that D. realizes this and moves forward.
imma say a little prayer for him tonight. just so he knows someone out there is rooting for him <3

*spinkles holy water on Liamz*

This is not the first time he's said he would change..
hes 17...

i see where u are coming from on this liam. trust me i do. im in no way trynna dismiss your concerns, as you have every right to be upset and concerned... frankly, if you ignored him and let him rot away in his room, that would show you dont care. cleatly you care or else you wouldnt be trying to help turn his life around.
this is amazing of you. you are doing more than his dad has done in years. he needs this. he needs you... be on his ass!!! but just keep in mind, hes a kid.. he has lots of baggage, thru no fault of his own.
just have have faith.

I'm the one that talks to my son and sets shit straight, definitely not Liam.

Anyway, we raked our asses off for 3 1/2 hrs and produced a shitload of bags. I hope the garbage dudes pick it all up as it's more than last week. :/

So, he's allowed to go to his g/f's tonight. It's a start and he knows that everyday, there will be something to do, and if it's raking, so be it.

I'm the one that talks to my son and sets shit straight, definitely not Liam.

Anyway, we raked our asses off for 3 1/2 hrs and produced a shitload of bags. I hope the garbage dudes pick it all up as it's more than last week. :/

So, he's allowed to go to his g/f's tonight. It's a start and he knows that everyday, there will be something to do, and if it's raking, so be it.

So you basically indirectly paid him a hummer to rake leaves.

seems fair to me.

can you throw away leaves? our trash guys won't pick them up. we end up burning them

Well the county policy is that you can't burn off leaves.. Yet today I saw the guy across the street burning a ton of shit off... Who knows..

we take them to the lake and burn them... can't do it in the city here.

i think we have to have a compost service pick up leaves/yard waste.