Thread Am I wrong at getting annoyed/mad at.....

Apparently he has to enroll in a school, and then have the school authorize him to go for the GED. Stupid, but these are government policies after all..

If he was heading somewhere I'd be alright.. But he shows no signs of doing anything with his life..

Does anyone take interest in his future? Like do you, or Juli, or his father talk to him about stuff? If you let him live in the attic and never engage him, he'll probably just keep on with this stuff.

The boy is bored and lost right now. He isn't stupid or crazy, just shiftless. He needs purpose. You know what could give him that purpose? The Marine Corps.

Does anyone take interest in his future? Like do you, or Juli, or his father talk to him about stuff? If you let him live in the attic and never engage him, he'll probably just keep on with this stuff.

I'm not his parent, so I leave that for Juli.. I offer her advice on things, but I mainly just provide for him and be his friend.

Regarding his future. The kid only has interest in BMX, and he is extremely talented with a bike. He just doesn't have the money to pursue it further than he already has. This is where a job would come in handy.

You don't have to be a parent, just be a big brother. A positive, motivating personality.

Is he good enough to garner BMX sponsorship?

has he ever had a job? I would cut off spending monies. he'll get a job

No I don't think he ever has..

I am trying to cut off the money spending. Trying to get him doing choirs around the house for pocket change or favours (rides to skatepark, gf's house, etc)..

You don't have to be a parent, just be a big brother. A positive, motivating personality.

Is he good enough to garner BMX sponsorship?

Yeah I think he is.. The BMX scene around here is not that big though, so he needs to travel to events to be seen.. He doesn't have the money for that..