Thread Am I wrong at getting annoyed/mad at.....

parenting is hard.
have some patience. love him and support him. dont spoil him.. im not saying that... its just that depression is so much more complex..

i have tons of faith in D. he will come out of this and be a successful and happy young man.
this is what you have to keep tell him...and keep telling yourself <3

This made me tear up in the bank drive thru line. <3

The GED thing, yes he is very willing...but as Liam said, he has to be enrolled in the local HS to get into their program. He has to pass their entrance exams to get in. I told him that he has to find the VA study guides online for this and that I was leaving this up to him.

kid has no initiative and no real world experience dealing with this type of stuff since he's never even had a job. government dealings are still a big scary monster in his eyes... hold his hand through this part to get him on the right path.

Thx. Makes sense.

Can't just kick the kid out when it's truly his parent's fault for what he lacks right now. and that he's still young, yet.

I had him with his father, because well, long story, but I figured he'd be good to have his father. But, his father did nothing with him for 7 effing years. He did see me regularly, but whatever I say is not going to stick much with him if he's living with a dumbass.

I'd kick him out. Best thing DJB ever did for me believe it or not was kicking my ass out. I was an out of order teen and nobody should put up with that crap. Learning to look after myself due to necessity was a good experience. Tough love++

I'd kick him out. Best thing DJB ever did for me believe it or not was kicking my ass out. I was an out of order teen and nobody should put up with that crap. Learning to look after myself due to necessity was a good experience. Tough love++

He's not out of order, or rambunctious...