Am I the only one?

C

crazymike

Since coming over from the 'other' forum I have pretty much lost all interest in it. But more importantly, I found that I had far too many preconcieved notions of what people on the other forum were like.

HOWEVER, now that I have come to this forum, it's like meeting people all over again. I've completely changed my opinion of several unnamed people and I havn't once felt the need for pointless spam, etc...

Anyone else changed their opinions of people since coming to this forum? (only post if it's for the better, this is not a h8 thread)

Personally, I think it's great. Forum drama and bandwagon bashing is a thing of the past.

crazymike said:
Since coming over from the 'other' forum I have pretty much lost all interest in it. But more importantly, I found that I had far too many preconcieved notions of what people on the other forum were like.

HOWEVER, now that I have come to this forum, it's like meeting people all over again. I've completely changed my opinion of several unnamed people and I havn't once felt the need for pointless spam, etc...

Anyone else changed their opinions of people since coming to this forum? (only post if it's for the better, this is not a h8 thread)

Personally, I think it's great. Forum drama and bandwagon bashing is a thing of the past.

I know EXACLTY what you're talking about.

I went back for a visit, and couldn't even bring myself to post more than once. It was really weird.

My opinions of everyone here have changed a lot- it's like there's no exclusivity like there used to be. That could change in time, who knows. People that used to never give me the time of day there, are much different here. I like the feeling that everyone that's here, is here for the same reason- to get away from the pointless immaturity, bashing and everything else that was going on.

I like it here a lot :cool:

:heart: for bringing it up crazymike

crazymike said:

QFT :heart: :heart: :heart:

Another thing I've seen is that with the forum not moving so fast it's a lot easier to keep track of what's going on. If I see a particularly interesting thread one day I can easily find it the next day and see what happened while I was away.

I am going back and looking once in a while to see what's going on, and posting a VERY little bit, but this place feels like home now.

long tall smiley said:
I didn't realize this was a no sarcasm forum
This is how the other place went downhill. People started in like this just joking around. Since everyone knew everyone, they knew it was a joke. The new kids read it though and weren't in on it, so they just started spewing forth crap because they thought it was the norm. I don't want that to happen here.

If it makes you feel better, I know you were kidding. Just find a way to make it clear you're kidding if there's no other context in the message to be able to determine that.

theacoustician said:
This is how the other place went downhill. People started in like this just joking around. Since everyone knew everyone, they knew it was a joke. The new kids read it though and weren't in on it, so they just started spewing forth crap because they thought it was the norm. I don't want that to happen here.

If it makes you feel better, I know you were kidding. Just find a way to make it clear you're kidding if there's no other context in the message to be able to determine that.

So you guys ARE going to keep a fairly tight lid on the crap, good for you! :)

:heart: :heart: :heart:

theacoustician said:

Go fuck a kitten you tree hugging monkey hurler

:fly:

Edit: LOLOLOLOOL JUST KIDDING LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

Last edited by a moderator:
ChikkenNoodul said:
Now 'monkey hurler' is funny, I've never heard that one before
yeah, fetish sport or something. Saw it on Discovery Wings.

BigDov said:
Similar to midget tossing, at the lowest level??
Midgets are easier to toss, more willing. You have to convince a monkey to be tossed. Not an easy thing to do.

long tall smiley said:
Midgets are easier to toss, more willing. You have to convince a monkey to be tossed. Not an easy thing to do.

Ah I see. But what about all the butt-itching and finger smelling they do? That can't help the sport much.