Am I crazy?

Nemo said:
Yeah he wants me to have the future he never did have. He's like...almost 50, unemployed, has no money and no way to afford a pension for the rest of his life and he's convinced I'll do the same. You'd think after him shouting at me for years and getting nothing but shit right back he'd try another way of getting me motivated. Infact the fact it'll send him insane if I take this course is more of an insentive to take it.

Edit: That last sentence sounded typical teenage angst. I want to do this for me because I enjoy it, but if I can be successful then put up my middle finger and disown him after, it'll be enough satisfaction than I'll ever need. :fly:

Well it sounds like you don't have far to go to have a better future ;) Nemo if you have the determination you can do anything. I would just worry about putting 'all your eggs in one basket'. It's a shame you can't take music and economics classes. Do you know anyone who has gone through that music program, or to anyone in that industry? They would know better than anyone how helpful it would be for you.

Guess I wasn't done chiming in....... as a parent, I have to say that even if I don't agree 100% with the decisions my kids make, I still have to support them no matter what. I can't live my life through my children, and I refuse to. I made my own mistakes in life, they're more than welcome (and willing) to make their own. All I can do is guide them as best I can.........

Nemo, if you were my kid, I'd be a bit upset too, but I think after considering it some more, I'd have to say that ultimately it's your decision, so more power to you.

:)

Pandora said:
Well it sounds like you don't have far to go to have a better future ;) Nemo if you have the determination you can do anything. I would just worry about putting 'all your eggs in one basket'. It's a shame you can't take music and economics classes. Do you know anyone who has gone through that music program, or to anyone in that industry? They would know better than anyone how helpful it would be for you.

I know quite a few guys who are taking similar courses at the college and they really love it. I know I'll love the people there aswell as what Im learning so it should be a blast. I think he's just being an asshole because its a crappy college and he's a stuck up dumbass.

Nemo said:
I know quite a few guys who are taking similar courses at the college and they really love it. I know I'll love the people there aswell as what Im learning so it should be a blast. I think he's just being an asshole because its a crappy college and he's a stuck up dumbass.

Well if you love it then I'd go for it. You might have to fight harder to make big bucks, but it's easy to fight for things that you are passionate about. :)

Pandora said:
Well if you love it then I'd go for it. You might have to fight harder to make big bucks, but it's easy to fight for things that you are passionate about. :)

Yeah I don't exactly have many academic interests right now. And I only actually try at about 2/10subjects because they're the only two I like. I'm just that sorta person. :eek: