Always Cold

I might, but when I was preggers and taking those horse pill vitamins that you have to take (pre-natal vitamins) didn't do squat.
And pre-natals are full of iron, because you have to double the amount of blood you normally have by the end of your 9 months .. to pump enough for you and baby.

I hate taking pills .. so the thought of spending extra $$ and taking something that will do absolutely nothing. Doesn't really apeal to me all that much. :lol:

I've read that if you have enough iron, taking more is a waste. Your body just won't absorb more than you need.

and then there is this:
The very best way to get the iron you need is from your diet, iron pills are not the answer for everyone. Iron pills can cause diarrhea, constipation, upset stomach, prevent your body from taking in other nutrients, and are not as readily absorbed as iron from food. It will also take up to six weeks for any treatment you use to show up, generally. If you do need supplemental iron, consider getting it from liquid sources, such as: Chlorophyll, Flora-Dix (vitamin), or herbs such as yellow dock. Your practitioner can give you more information.

:eek:

Last edited:
I was told my iron is fine, just a tad low. I'd rather not take medication that I don't need. Seems like a bad idea. Like taking antibiotics when I don't need them .. then when if I do they won't work.

There are a couple other things in centrum that help you use iron efficiently. It can't hurt to try. You just piss out any extra stuff from the pills that you don't need. And I don't like seeing you suffer.

There are a couple other things in centrum that help you use iron efficiently. It can't hurt to try. You just piss out any extra stuff from the pills that you don't need. And I don't like seeing you suffer.

Awwwww!

Iron pills are less than 10 bucks a bottle. When I started taking multi vitamins my nails became pretty for once.

UGH .. that reminds me of the water in Gatlinburg. I didn't wash my hair for a week. There was NO way I was sticking my hair in that nasty smelling crap and walking around smelling like a fishbowl got dumped on me :lol:.

Taking a bath for me was nauseating enough .. and Mikey DRANK IT! :puke:

UGH .. that reminds me of the water in Gatlinburg. I didn't wash my hair for a week. There was NO way I was sticking my hair in that nasty smelling crap and walking around smelling like a fishbowl got dumped on me :lol:.

Taking a bath for me was nauseating enough .. and Mikey DRANK IT! :puke:

As much as I've complained about the water in Warren county, Ohio I have to say that the worst tap water I've ever had in my life came from Lowell, Massachusetts.

Lowell is a canal town, with many of them running through the older parts of the city. Your nose, as you walk across the bridges spanning these canals-- some of which are populated with carp the size of atomic submarines-- is assaulted by the heavy and earthy smells wafting upwards from the waters below. You receive the same olfactory assault each and every time you run the tap. It's fucking revolting.

The longtime techs even had a name for the intestinal distress of which one would be assuredupon consumption of the tap water. Sadly, I can no longer recall the name.

That is why I didn't drink it and wouldn't wash my hair. It made my skin feel yucky enough .. I can't IMAGINE what my hair would have looked like if I had washed it :lol:.

When the aroma of it would hit you when you drew back the shower curtain (hot nasty smelling water) .. it was enough to make me not wanna take a bath either. But I did it .. but I didn't like it :lol:.

It would have taken YEARS to undo what that shit could have done lol.

I made Mikey buy several gallons of "drinking water" at Wal-mart and I used that to wash my hands and brush my teeth, and gargle with. Couldn't figure out a way to warm enough up to wash my hair though.

Good thing I don't sweat much, else my head woulda stank. As it was .. it just lacked some shine and looked "dull" by the end of the week lol. So I put it in a pony :lol:.

I still can't believe Mikey drank it .. I nearly puked when I saw him do it. I made him by the drinking water the next day lol.

Last edited:
Fortunately the water doesn't smell and is safe to drink (i.e. no lead, no pesticides, no bacteria, no heavy metals, etc). I finally found some soap that actually lathers pretty well too (that suave mens body wash stuff).

Cascade Complete does a great job with the hard water stains/spots on the dishes in the dishwasher too. Even removed a lot of the scale buildup on the heating coil at the bottom of it. That stuff is awesome.