Halp Alternative to Windows Search 4.0

itburnswhenipee

Lonestar
May 25, 2005
Maryland
Marklar
₥797
I'm having no end of trouble with the instant search feature-- driven by windows search 4.0-- of outlook 2007. More to the point, it works fine for a few days and then fails to deliver any results at all regardles of how much index rebuilding and reinstalling I do. Are any of you using a good and preferably lighter weight tool to index and search outlook mail? I'm all ears at this point.

I just remember approx dates and sources of the emails and go to 'received from' sorting and head to the date in question.

I've never been a fan of outlook search. Never worked right.

I just remember approx dates and sources of the emails and go to 'received from' sorting and head to the date in question.

I've never been a fan of outlook search. Never worked right.

This used to be my MO, but the volume of mail, legitimate and corporate spam, I have to deal with has overwhelmed this...

I'm having no end of trouble with the instant search feature-- driven by windows search 4.0-- of outlook 2007. More to the point, it works fine for a few days and then fails to deliver any results at all regardles of how much index rebuilding and reinstalling I do. Are any of you using a good and preferably lighter weight tool to index and search outlook mail? I'm all ears at this point.

google desktop will search within outlook. it even adds a search box to the toolbar in outlook. (2007)