Hawt All you women on here need "Jesus"

a lender would look poorly at me in that single income scenario though, as i could only sustain myself for about a year if i lost my job. But im also highly employable.

They need it if they 'want' to keep up with the joneses.
...the "gig" economy, the overt statement that the only way to be on the winning side in the next century is to already be there, and the destruction of good jobs outside of government service all weigh heavily against your "it's all hunky dory 1950 American Dream" jibber jabber.

a lender would look poorly at me in that single income scenario though, as i could only sustain myself for about a year if i lost my job. But im also highly employable.
tbh, they don't look out that far. Your tax info doesn't show 'two' incomes, just the totals. They'd need to further inquire about 'how' you got that income. They're more concerned with your 'willingness' to pay. If you have great credit, they know you're willing to pay, AND that you know how to keep it at a manageable level. Then they look at your credit report and see what total payments are. If you're at 1/3 to 1/2 your income most lenders will green light you to the finish line. If not, they'll look for assets that they know you don't want to lose. This = real estate. No one give's a shit about your paid off car except loan officers with high cost funds.

...the "gig" economy, the overt statement that the only way to be on the winning side in the next century is to already be there, and the destruction of good jobs outside of government service all weigh heavily against your "it's all hunky dory 1950 American Dream" jibber jabber.
lol. No one said it was hunky dory! & it will be even more accessible when the economy comes back.

You're wall street's worst nightmare, though. People like you and I don't spend.

i dunno, i feel like i spend reasonably.

100 bucks a month on restaurants
140-200 a month on "hobbies", whether that be computer stuff in this latest month, or home repair stuff or lumber in every other month
cell phone bill at 37 a month

i mean, im not the 700 dollar new iphone every 6 months, and new car every 2 years thats got a 300 buck a month payment type. Maybe thats the difference

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
They need it if they 'want' to keep up with the joneses.
but where does that end? As in what level of the 'joneses' do you have to quit with. Adding my old income in doesn't make it worth it to me and we 'keep up' just fine in this neighborhood (that's rather affluent). Then again I'm happy knowing in an hour I'll be at my son's school helping out in the classroom. So I'd rather that than full time work (most of the time at least lol)

but where does that end? As in what level of the 'joneses' do you have to quit with. Adding my old income in doesn't make it worth it to me and we 'keep up' just fine in this neighborhood (that's rather affluent). Then again I'm happy knowing in an hour I'll be at my son's school helping out in the classroom. So I'd rather that than full time work (most of the time at least lol)

For those that pursue it, it doesn't. They're constantly on the path of 'if we do this, then we can have that.'

• Gravy
Reactions: helenabear