Hawt All you women on here need "Jesus"

there's really only one thing necessary for a woman to learn her place

lottery-odds----left-handed.jpg

I'm curious how "a woman's place is in the home" squares with the reality of almost everywhere requiring a dual income to support a family.
meh. I don't buy that crap. I think it's easy to fall into that belief, but I don't believe that it's required almost everywhere. I have lots of friends who are part of a stay-at-home-mom couple (and one stay-at-home dad). They just cut back on material crap.

I do think it's great when all the kids are in school and a mom wants to pick up something flexible. But I don't think it's as 'required' as much as people claim it is.

• Gravy
Reactions: helenabear
meh. I don't buy that crap. I think it's easy to fall into that belief, but I don't believe that it's required almost everywhere. I have lots of friends who are part of a stay-at-home-mom couple (and one stay-at-home dad). They just cut back on material crap.

I do think it's great when all the kids are in school and a mom wants to pick up something flexible. But I don't think it's as 'required' as much as people claim it is.
Buy it or don't, but it's definitely baked into the plans of the idiots that you lend money to. Consume!

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel

Same here - lots of friends who are stay at home moms/dads. As the kids get older, some of my friends do part time work but just for fun money and/or because they like doing it (me).

I think people assume they need it when they don't.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel

concur, I live in one of the most expensive places outside of NY and San Fran in the US, and I ensured, before i was even dating/married that i could support a household on just my income. More importantly, my income at that time, which was 40k less than it is now.

Now, ya'll know im not a fat cat, i work for the government, but i do live comfortably. You could not do this on a mcdonalds salary. But a solid white colllar, or skilled labor blue collar job? Yep.

In the DC region here, if you're smart about it, 60K a year gross (not takehome) can give you a comfortable life building equity in a house.

concur, I live in one of the most expensive places outside of NY and San Fran in the US, and I ensured, before i was even dating/married that i could support a household on just my income. More importantly, my income at that time, which was 40k less than it is now.

Now, ya'll know im not a fat cat, i work for the government, but i do live comfortably. You could not do this on a mcdonalds salary. But a solid white colllar, or skilled labor blue collar job? Yep.

In the DC region here, if you're smart about it, 60K a year gross (not takehome) can give you a comfortable life building equity in a house.
You're wall street's worst nightmare, though. People like you and I don't spend.

I'm curious how "a woman's place is in the home" squares with the reality of almost everywhere requiring a dual income to support a family.
because many people think and still do that even if the woman is a full time worker she is still expected solely to keep house, raise kids, cook, etc...some men have learned that they will have an exhausted pissed off wife unless they by chance find a woman who either finds pleasure in doing it all herself or has some sort of OCD where she has to do things a certain way....ry helps equally. but I do have friends that have trouble getting their spouses to help out even tho they work out of home the same amount of time.

Buy it or don't, but it's definitely baked into the plans of the idiots that you lend money to. Consume!
I'd agree with that. All my lenders look for the lowest risk. None are looking out for the wellbeing of kids. That's someone elses job.

DINKs are the best. Even rental properties like Dual incomes over single. But people don't have to conform. There's absolutely very viable ways to succeed without dual incomes.