All you fancy artistic types, show your stuff

mattcohn.com

Giant Member
Apr 14, 2006
Marklar
₥0
Alright, so I've got that euphoric feeling that I always do right after I finish a piece of audio production that I really really like. Today it's a Spring Pledge Drive 2006 Legal ID, yeah I know exciting stuff. Audio production is without a doubt my form of artistic expression. I can't even pick up a paint brush without fucking something up, but I can do (and have done) this type of audio work all night long when I'm in the zone.

So basically, here's a place for you to show your artistic side. If we could get some more people showing their non-visual or other not-so-talked-about art forms, that'd be great too.

Enjoy!

Spring Pledge Drive 2006 Legal ID 2

Spring Pledge Drive 2006 Mashup 1

Top 50 of 2004 Hit Election Into

Energy 98 Disco 2000 TOH

Oh, I hate to pick a fight in your thread, but since when are paintings talked about more than music? Also, what is really the difference in between audio and visual production if you are talking about advertising anyway? It's all production work and it's all advertising. I'd put some art I've done here, but none of it is in an easily accessible format. Sorry to poo on your thread, but I'm a little offended that you would not be interested in visual arts as well.

eileenbunny said:
Oh, I hate to pick a fight in your thread, but since when are paintings talked about more than music? Also, what is really the difference in between audio and visual production if you are talking about advertising anyway? It's all production work and it's all advertising. I'd put some art I've done here, but none of it is in an easily accessible format. Sorry to poo on your thread, but I'm a little offended that you would not be interested in visual arts as well.
Oh I'm very happy to see visual arts, that's why I sad "So basically, here's a place for you to show your artistic side. If we could get some more people showing their non-visual or other not-so-talked-about art forms, that'd be great too." vs. "Anyone but eileenbunny post only non-pictures."

Also, wasn't talking about music, although you're right that's a very popular non-visual art. The whole point of the emphasis was to try and encourage many different kinds.

And finally, when I make this stuff I don't see it as "just advertising" at all, in one bit whatsoever. I have a passion for radio audio production that's not any less meaningfull than your pictures or someone else's music. That was kind of the point, to open people's eyes to not so often thought of forms of artistic expression.

my dance teacher is trying to get me to sign up for next year's Fear No Art, a mix of art collaborations that the college puts on. :fly:

until then maybe I'll write y'all a story

modern...which basically means everything but ballet. she also tried to get me to sign up for ballet next semester but I have to draw the line somewhere :p

putfile is my enemy. It doesn't like me. Can not get media to respond without my temper flying away.

fly said:
I don't understand. Did you make those commercials or something?
Not commercials, "radio station imaging". And yes, I did. The top one I just finished right before I made this thread. Seriously I'm a radio nerd, I love this stuff.

Last edited:
shawndavid said:
I do interpretive dance but our memory card only takes 8 minutes of video and it's hard to convey what I'm feeling inside in a frame of time which is tantamount to the duration it takes light to reach Earth from the Sun.

i feel your pain

shawndavid said:
I do interpretive dance but our memory card only takes 8 minutes of video and it's hard to convey what I'm feeling inside in a frame of time which is tantamount to the duration it takes light to reach Earth from the Sun.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm, actually, in the middle of writing a Viola/Euphonium duet. I have a Violaist friend who is coming down from NYC in the winter and am writing this for us to play. :cool:

lol music nerd.