Thread All new 2019 Super Duper Sperm thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tre @gee

i’ve been in calgary for about 12 days now and omg.. i think I love it here.
since i’ve been here:

i haven’t had one asthma attack (usually once a day)

i haven’t taken my ventolin (usually 2x a day)

i haven’t sneezed / no allergies

i pay 5% tax on everything

food is cheap AF

gas is cheaper

the air is soooo fresh and crisp

the people are so nice!

everyone here thinks Ontario is a hot mess (no lies told there)

ugh i kinda love it here! im 1:20 min away from Banff / Lake Louise and I’m thinking of going next week if I stick around.

no signs of the blurry roofer
Have you seen any pickup trucks with cracked windshields?

@tre @gee

since i’ve been here:

food is cheap AF

gas is cheaper

the people are so nice!

ugh i kinda love it here! im 1:20 min away from Banff / Lake Louise and I’m thinking of going next week if I stick around.

Calgary is a nice place.

The rest of Alberta can fuck off.

• Gravy
  • Haha
Reactions: fly, tre and Domon
@tre @gee

since i’ve been here:

food is cheap AF

gas is cheaper

the people are so nice!

If I marry you do I get to live in Calgary?

Microwave shat itself. New Toshiba dealio is also a convection oven and air fryer. I'm a bit overwhelmed looking through the manual and cookbook: too many options.

Any knowledge or tips around these parts? Mostly cooking for myself so it might make sense to use that instead of the actual oven?

Microwave shat itself. New Toshiba dealio is also a convection oven and air fryer. I'm a bit overwhelmed looking through the manual and cookbook: too many options.

Any knowledge or tips around these parts? Mostly cooking for myself so it might make sense to use that instead of the actual oven?
Depends how much you need an oven and stuff.

my experience with those combo devices is generally that theyre very mediocre at everything.

Source: have had a couple, never a combo microwave, but a combo airfryer/toasteroven/convectionoven.

I still use the convection oven and toaster oven functions nonstop, but theyre not as good as a dedicated appliance in terms of results.

my experience with those combo devices is generally that theyre very mediocre at everything.

Source: have had a couple, never a combo microwave, but a combo airfryer/toasteroven/convectionoven.

I still use the convection oven and toaster oven functions nonstop, but theyre not as good as a dedicated appliance in terms of results.
Yeah, they're okish if you rent a room like I do and use it occasionally but if you have a stove I'd use the stove.

IDK, just needed a microwave and it was on the shelf. Last one lasted like 2yr and this one seemed to have good reviews on the first page of Google. I wish I lived before engineers got so skilled at making shit break out of warranty.

IDK, just needed a microwave and it was on the shelf. Last one lasted like 2yr and this one seemed to have good reviews on the first page of Google. I wish I lived before engineers got so skilled at making shit break out of warranty.
Actually, they just started making it too hard to repair shit. If you bought a radio in the 50s it came with a wiring diagram and there were repair places. Still happens with some commercial equipment, like if you buy a speed queen washing machine they have a network of repair people. Consumer goods started going the non service able route in the late 70s, You cant buy parts the manufacturers wont sell them.

• Gravy
Reactions: Hoff Kinkmeister
Actually, they just started making it too hard to repair shit. If you bought a radio in the 50s it came with a wiring diagram and there were repair places. Still happens with some commercial equipment, like if you buy a speed queen washing machine they have a network of repair people. Consumer goods started going the non service able route in the late 70s, You cant buy parts the manufacturers wont sell them.
But nowadays you can order the replacement right from the appliance's screen! Pros(?) and cons.

You can buy parts for plenty of consumer shit. I just replaced our ice maker.

Fixt.

Replacing the ice maker is the equivalent of replacing the entire AC system of a car. You're taking out a dozen parts that don't work to replace one that doesn't
I think you fucked that up but yeah. Taking the entire dash off your car just to get to the heater core is why I drove around for 4 years with a broken blend door.

Status
Not open for further replies.