Thread All new 2019 Super Duper Sperm thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
x8JYJ8J.jpg
FB_IMG_1643125068265.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Right to Work is I think what you're talking about (which everyone gets confused with At-Will)
Correct, federal agencies cannot run a "closed shop." i.e. union representation is required for employment.

But, if you aren't part of the union in the event you are fired for cause you aren't entitled to representation.

Correct, federal agencies cannot run a "closed shop." i.e. union representation is required for employment.

But, if you aren't part of the union in the event you are fired for cause you aren't entitled to representation.
That's not remotely true. It's actually only a couple fed shops that are unionized. Patents, USPS, ag. None in DoD, none in energy. Ed might be, I'm not sure

Edit, strike all that. I misunderstood you

• Haha
Reactions: ZRH
That's not remotely true. It's actually only a couple fed shops that are unionized. Patents, USPS, ag. None in DoD, none in energy. Ed might be, I'm not sure

Edit, strike all that. I misunderstood you
All good. I was about to light you like a campfire.

I think Federal Protective Service (DHS Police) and Capitol Police are also unionized.

Edit: Exotic cops :lol:

Last edited:
Spotify chose Joe Rogan :lol:

tbh I think it's kind of like an individual boycotting a company - they're not necessarily doing it because they expect the loss of $ from them alone will be devastating to the party they're boycotting, they're doing it because on a personal level they don't want to support them. and while he did issue his ultimatum publicly, I expect that at least part of that was hoping others would follow suit (because if enough do, it COULD be enough to sway them).

so while I don't think anyone's surprised that Spotify sided with $$$, I do think for him it was just as much about personal principles as it was anything else, & hoping that if they wouldn't do the right thing for the right reasons, enough artists might join him that they'll do the right thing for the wrong reasons.

tbh I think it's kind of like an individual boycotting a company - they're not necessarily doing it because they expect the loss of $ from them alone will be devastating to the party they're boycotting, they're doing it because on a personal level they don't want to support them. and while he did issue his ultimatum publicly, I expect that at least part of that was hoping others would follow suit (because if enough do, it COULD be enough to sway them).

so while I don't think anyone's surprised that Spotify sided with $$$, I do think for him it was just as much about personal principles as it was anything else, & hoping that if they wouldn't do the right thing for the right reasons, enough artists might join him that they'll do the right thing for the wrong reasons.
Serious question: does anyone who listens to Neil Young for enjoyment actually know what spotify is?

Spotify is a bit out of the 60+ demographic, after all.

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers
Status
Not open for further replies.