Thread All new 2019 Super Duper Sperm thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Driving to get groceries and there was a Postal Service tractor-trailer that couldn't get grip uphill from a light. Intersection has a gas station so I bought 75lb of salt and we got him going. Union Strong! Cops were there pushing people through the intersection.

Came home and there was no getting up the uphill stub of a road I live on: maintenance goes home at 5pm, of course. Two women who live across the street offered to push me up but I declined because I didn't want them behind the car on that slope. Found a safe place to leave the car and dragged my groceries up, at which time the women had started to shovel out the street. It's 6 houses, we're the middle pair. Put my groceries away and grabbed a shovel. Then another neighbor came to help. Got the street up to our houses cleared. Was clearing out my driveway when the guy that lives with the women (bunch of Hispanics situation, idk any relations) got home from work. They started clearing in front of the last two houses, I got my car in the driveway and then finished what I started.

It was nice to feel good about humans for a change.
Not everyone who works for the post office is in the union (former postal employee here).

The cops here were getting stranded last time we had snow >.<

Lol, we cleared everyone's driveway except the assholes next door uphill from me. Just kind of an unspoken agreement that they suck. They have a snowblower so they'll be fine.

This is the ultimate "you do you" bullshit.

When does the wife start a gofundme? :rolleyes:

How are USPS not really unionized though? Doing me a confuse. Is that some shit Dejoy pulled?
When you sign up as a "real" employee, rural carriers/clerks are different. They put you in a room and tell you they have to let the union rep talk to you for 30 minutes and they try to sell you on the union which basically comes down to you pay $10-50 a month to be basically impossible to fire.

I didn't really buy into it. It's about 50/50 for carriers, people who work in processing tend to be solid union.

Edit: Thats just my view from the ground. I never researched it deeply.

Last edited:
When you sign up as a "real" employee, rural carriers/clerks are different. They put you in a room and tell you they have to let the union rep talk to you for 30 minutes and they try to sell you on the union which basically comes down to you pay $10-50 a month to be basically impossible to fire.

I didn't really buy into it. It's about 50/50 for carriers, people who work in processing tend to be solid union.

Scab

Another beer label looking one?

Also, Im putting these on instagram (or "The Insta" as Im calling it now to simply irritate someone) now, if you want to see a better resoultion/non compressed version send me a PM and Ill give you the account name or whatever

That's the most talented on yet

That "receive the benefits of unionization without paying into it" bullshit is state dependent, and IIRC the union is still legally obligated to fight for your job.

Without unions you'd probably be chained to the docks, that's why you pay.

x8JYJ8J.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: august
Another beer label looking one?

Also, Im putting these on instagram (or "The Insta" as Im calling it now to simply irritate someone) now, if you want to see a better resoultion/non compressed version send me a PM and Ill give you the account name or whatever

View attachment 15659

Who gets irritated when you call it insta? :lol:

That "receive the benefits of unionization without paying into it" bullshit is state dependent, and IIRC the union is still legally obligated to fight for your job.

Without unions you'd probably be chained to the docks, that's why you pay.
Right to Work is I think what you're talking about (which everyone gets confused with At-Will)

Status
Not open for further replies.