Thread All new 2019 Super Duper Sperm thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a pic in an art thingie. This pic is in the catalogue of artists. I have to write a blurb to accompany it. Blurb can be about me, my picture, how I took the picture, why I took the picture, or anything I want. Here's what I wrote. The ending is a little weak, but I"m not sure how to finish it.
Anyone have any comments?

I was not always a car guy, but from a young age I got interested in mechanical things. With help from my parents, I bought an old car and learned to work on mechanical things. I met Chuck, a veteran of WWII and Korea who taught me how to handle a wrench; he became like a second father to me. It is because of that old car and Chuck that I am an engineer now.

Roughly 20 years ago I joined the USAF, then about 18 years ago I bought a truck. It was the first vehicle I fully paid for. I’ve put thousands upon thousands of miles on this truck, and created equally as many memories within this truck

The truck waited patiently for me while I was deployed, took me on dozens of treks up and down the eastern seaboard and a trip to California and back. While driving my truck I have experienced America in almost all of her glory. Behind the wheel we have visited twenty-three out of forty-eight contiguous states. We’ve crossed the continental divide, seen Monument Valley, visited the Grand Canyon, trekked up and down the Appalachian Trail, added yet more miles travelled by a voyager to Route 66 and the Lincoln Highway, and felt the salt spray from the Pacific and Atlantic oceans.

I’ve had a dozen first dates picked up in this truck, including one who would become my wife. I’ve experienced heartbreak and elation in this truck. I’ve brought home three wonderful dogs in this truck. I’ve moved homes over six times in this truck and helped friends move their homes. I’ve helped tow vehicles home, pulled friends and strangers from ditches, and helped direct traffic around accidents in this truck.

In many many ways, this truck is me. I have seen the world behind its glass, her highways roll along under its wheels, and its people talk to me because of the care I put into this truck.

1636157702966.png

I just wanted to take a second and and jump in to say I haven’t ignored this thread/request but I haven’t been able to sufficiently give it the thought it deserves in a response.

The picture is actually phenomenal in my opinion, as is the the accompanying story.

Got a pic in an art thingie. This pic is in the catalogue of artists. I have to write a blurb to accompany it. Blurb can be about me, my picture, how I took the picture, why I took the picture, or anything I want. Here's what I wrote. The ending is a little weak, but I"m not sure how to finish it.

View attachment 15202
Are those lightning wheels? They look pretty butch in your pic.

rushed home and no poop
i was bamboozled

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia

View attachment 15202
I take it you're just looking for a little more...cant find the right word, eloquent or level higher or something, last paragraph to wrap it all up?
Cause really the whole thing is a good read. The last bit ain't bad either. I'd keep the behind its glass and under its wheels part. Really just needs sort of a homerun last line to capture the over-arching feeling of the whole thing.
Maybe something that hints at the truck being another person (without giving it a name) like a best friend or something you've shared a lot of life with. Something more than just a machine. Don't come right out and say that, just a subtle hint to lead the reader to making that connection in their own heads.

It's like having a whole song except the hook, lol.

Oh I didn't even realize that post was asking for comment. Kinda forgot about that part when I read the rest.

@Mr. Argumentor Try flipping the last two sentences - that should finish it off:

"I have seen the world behind its glass, her highways roll along under its wheels, and its people talk to me because of the care I put into this truck. In many many ways, this truck is me."

Albuquerque banned single-use plastic bags some time ago (then postponed implementation b/c COVID made everybody paranoid about sterility). The stores addressed it by making bags out of plastic that's 2 mils thick, and calling them "reusable". The city council adjusted the law so that it's now 4 mils thick, made of textile, with stitched handles.

Which brings me to today, when I heard some dipshit whining this morning that "mils" as thickness for bags in the new city ordinance was a conspiracy to force us onto the metric system.

I didn't have the heart to tell him a "mil" is 1/1000 of an inch.

Status
Not open for further replies.