Thread All new 2019 Super Duper Sperm thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
$14 and rechargeable, good enough. I fell asleep with the other one on enough, even Dollar Store batteries became troublesome since I don’t get around. I can make it to the outlet easy enough.

Right on, I guess.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
The cheap harbor freight one I got the light is so white it has a blue circle/spot in the middle then white around that.
It works ok for bumbling around the backyard or working on cars in the dark but the "upscale" ones are worth the cost, at least up to the 40-60 buck level. After that, meh.

Lightweight comfort is as big a thing as the rest though the quality, variety, and adjustment of lights is a big part of it too.

If there's any other way I can shit on your $14 light let me know. I have 2 or 3 $5-$8 dollar ones too. I use them for a lot of things and save "the good one" for other shit. That means the cheapies get used the most.
Really, my biggest complaint about the cheap HF one isn't the light, it's plenty functional enough, it's that the headband it comes with could stand to be a couple inches longer. It's as if it was made for oriental people with small heads or something. Tends to squeeze my brain. I got enough problems up there as it is.

The good ones might be "black diamond" instead of "diamondback" but whatever tit'll be ok you'll finger it out

The good ones might be "black diamond" instead of "diamondback" but whatever tit'll be ok you'll finger it out
Honestly, I have all of em. A couple black diamond storms, a couple 8 dollar usb rechargable ones that are about 4 years newer, and some high end 18650 ones.

The 8 dollar usb rechargable ones are the best. The technology change in the 3ish years between the storms and the 8 buck ones was giant. The 18650 ones are super bright but not nearly as convenient as the usb charge

Honestly, I have all of em. A couple black diamond storms, a couple 8 dollar usb rechargable ones that are about 4 years newer, and some high end 18650 ones.

The 8 dollar usb rechargable ones are the best. The technology change in the 3ish years between the storms and the 8 buck ones was giant. The 18650 ones are super bright but not nearly as convenient as the usb charge

Good to know.
I knew there was a jump in quality there somewhere but didn't know where everything else caught up with it at.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
There's jumps in technology and affordability in that stuff that happens at a pretty rapid pace, such that my ideas of what's good and what's not from just a few years ago might not even apply anymore.

I'm sure they're follow-ons from other advances. Making headlights better ain't exactly driving it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
I wanted to make a goofy response to Immi's response to me saying Don Jenver but for the life of me I can't find it so you're just going to have to settle for this.

There is a definite difference in light quality between the $8 one that runs on AAA batteries and the rechargeable one I just got for $16.

I’d say it’s twice as good. Worth every cent. I haven’t slept with it on yet.

I think i may try to do that everyday until I can no longer hold the iPad or camera phone or whatever I have going on.

jerk jerk jerk gettin badder

Status
Not open for further replies.