Thread All new 2019 Super Duper Sperm thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Angry Star Wars GIF

• Haha
  • Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and Josh
this is an interview with him from back in October that I thought was pretty interesting.

he's very frank about his struggles and demons, and I honestly don't see the issue with his name being associated with the bill. it's not like it's an award for being drug-free, and had the potential benefits of the bill been realized earlier, he may have never gone down this path in the first place.

this is an interview with him from back in October that I thought was pretty interesting.

he's very frank about his struggles and demons, and I honestly don't see the issue with his name being associated with the bill. it's not like it's an award for being drug-free, and had the potential benefits of the bill been realized earlier, he may have never gone down this path in the first place.
I don't get the potential benefits part for him - he never sold drugs and didn't indicate being incarcerated. Or did I miss that? Unless you mean that less systematic racism could have changed his life. It might have. But people from all eco classes and races become junkies.

I don't get the potential benefits part for him - he never sold drugs and didn't indicate being incarcerated. Or did I miss that? Unless you mean that less systematic racism could have changed his life. It might have. But people from all eco classes and races become junkies.
yeah I meant like, generational trauma and coming up in a community ravaged by racism and incarceration. you're absolutely right that addiction can affect anyone; it's no guarantee in either direction, that is, growing up in a certain environment doesn't guarantee addiction and not growing up in that environment doesn't guarantee a drug-free existence, but some conditions more consistently lead to a particular set of outcomes.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Well, currently black offenders get much harsher sentences than whites in most parts of the US. The hope is that everybody would get the same sentences. I think the disparity sucks, I'm fine with a bill that chips away at systematic racism. Granted, his dealer might have been white. ;)
My hope is that all drug use is decriminalized that don’t involve illegal sales or minors.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and kiwi
yeah I meant like, generational trauma and coming up in a community ravaged by racism and incarceration. you're absolutely right that addiction can affect anyone; it's no guarantee in either direction, that is, growing up in a certain environment doesn't guarantee addiction and not growing up in that environment doesn't guarantee a drug-free existence, but some conditions more consistently lead to a particular set of outcomes.
I'm glad you're back - you debate these things pretty balanced, if long(I know, pot calling on kettle :) ). Some people really seem to get tied up in the generational trauma, some people seem to have let it go and just deal with the trauma of their lives. I think generational poverty is more pervasive and damaging than the past trauma.
I honored Michael's memory by watching the first two episodes of The WIre last night - wow, cool show, had missed that one.

• Gravy
Reactions: august
My hope is that all drug use is decriminalized that don’t involve illegal sales or minors.
I'm pretty much down with that with the exception of true hallucinogenics - some of those are best and safest for everybody in a controlled environment. Do an overnighter in a nice hotel where you can't leave if you want to trip balls on LCD or stronger 'shrooms - imo. I really don't want anyone taking PCP - that can tturn very violent. Do we let people buy heroin as often as they want? Meth? I've smoked opium, I understand the dangerous attraction. Drugs are fun until they're not. I feels bad for Micheal K., brother got sucked in, couldn't pull out. I'm try to pull out of this convo, making me sad AF.

jokes on you
they put the virus in diet cokes
thats why all the fat people sweating on eachother keep getting it. If you go through an airport your gonna get fat sweat on you its unavoidable

It’s actually a compound mixture that needs to take place. One part Diet Coke, one part Snickers.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
I'm pretty much down with that with the exception of true hallucinogenics - some of those are best and safest for everybody in a controlled environment. Do an overnighter in a nice hotel where you can't leave if you want to trip balls on LCD or stronger 'shrooms - imo. I really don't want anyone taking PCP - that can tturn very violent. Do we let people buy heroin as often as they want? Meth? I've smoked opium, I understand the dangerous attraction. Drugs are fun until they're not. I feels bad for Micheal K., brother got sucked in, couldn't pull out. I'm try to pull out of this convo, making me sad AF.
You should watch Pharmacopia. I found out that PCP wasn't the drug I thought it was. It's very chill.

• Gravy
I'm glad you're back - you debate these things pretty balanced, if long(I know, pot calling on kettle :) ). Some people really seem to get tied up in the generational trauma, some people seem to have let it go and just deal with the trauma of their lives. I think generational poverty is more pervasive and damaging than the past trauma.
I honored Michael's memory by watching the first two episodes of The WIre last night - wow, cool show, had missed that one.

thanks, bud. I've been working really hard on not coming across like "I'm morally and intellectually superior" but I haven't managed to get the brevity going yet :lol: which like, I don't and didn't think that, I mean I usually think I'm right but most of us do when we say stuff, that's why we're saying it, but I have historically sounded far more unpleasant than intended, and life's too short to let every bridge burn just because I didn't MEAN to set the fire so it's not my fault, AKCHUALLY, etc

I agree on generational poverty being more pervasive, but I also think poverty and trauma can be intertwined, so they're not entirely separate. there's also a systemic/institutional aspect at play when you're Black, and all of that trauma, personal, generational, & financial/economic, earns compound interest.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and fly
Todays trip to the transfer station for recycling.

Old florescent light fixtures I had replaced with LED.

A box of old electronics that included such things as 4 Hauppauge HD-PVR component HD video USB capture devices, old LCD panels I was "saving" for a project, and remote controls for shit I didn't have anymore.

You should watch Pharmacopia. I found out that PCP wasn't the drug I thought it was. It's very chill.
If you mean Hamilton's Pharmacopeia - I had a different takeaway than you. It CAN be chill, it can also be very unchill - pass on the dissociative hallucinogenic.
Might as get blind drunk and take your chances driving in rush hour. It might be fun, might not. Stronger 'shrooms are a bit like PCP - it's all cool until the walls start breathing and they're coming for YOU!:eek: Like @adi said once, there are the one mushroom kind and the 10 mushroom kind. 1/2 ounce of psilly-cybs, no problem. 2 grams of Azures, and you are SO fucked. Even "experienced users" sometimes find themselves in a fetal position with those, wishing it would just stop.:lol:

Todays trip to the transfer station for recycling.

Old florescent light fixtures I had replaced with LED.

A box of old electronics that included such things as 4 Hauppauge HD-PVR component HD video USB capture devices, old LCD panels I was "saving" for a project, and remote controls for shit I didn't have anymore.
Good job.

I have an old fluorescent grow lamp that I need to properly dispose of, but can't find a decent recycling spot for it.

• Sad
So its basically no different than any other adulterant.
It leads to feelings of self-importance and rage. It's an upper type of hallucinagenic. Doesnt appeal to me - I like drugs for reflection and relaxation. I don't need them to make me feel exciting or the life of the party.
I worry about people buying blow with fentanyl after the convo of yesterday. Do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.