Thread All new 2019 Super Duper Sperm thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it's the end of the line for my Black and Decker Pecker Wrecker string trimmer. They stopped making spools for the automatic feed system, and I can't seem to wind one well enough to do the job.

Not sure what I'm going to do, but the Craftsman ones seem OK enough (just an low-end plug-in unit).

Looks like it's the end of the line for my Black and Decker Pecker Wrecker string trimmer. They stopped making spools for the automatic feed system, and I can't seem to wind one well enough to do the job.

Not sure what I'm going to do, but the Craftsman ones seem OK enough (just an low-end plug-in unit).
Try the WeedGator 3 blade heads. Some of the brands of blades are shit(plastic is too hard and breaks) - the brands that are milky-white seem more like a DElrin or nylon. THey are 1/8" thick, so do they really need to be sharp, to do the same job as 1/8" string? If not, it seems they are one hell of a deal for the width/girth. sayin.

I can wack down hundreds of 1/2" raspberries down with a set of blade, on a basic Ryobi 18v trimmer. With a small(2ah) battery.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Try the WeedGator 3 blade heads. Some of the brands of blades are shit(plastic is too hard and breaks) - the brands that are milky-white seem more like a DElrin or nylon. THey are 1/8" thick, so do they really need to be sharp, to do the same job as 1/8" string? If not, it seems they are one hell of a deal for the width/girth. sayin.

I can wack down hundreds of 1/2" raspberries down with a set of blade, on a basic Ryobi 18v trimmer. With a small(2ah) battery.
Definitely looking for a string trimmer, not bladed.

I use it to knock the weeds down on my brick patio, so I go through a lot of string.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and Domon
Definitely looking for a string trimmer, not bladed.

I use it to knock the weeds down on my brick patio, so I go through a lot of string.
THing is, some of the blades can last through wacking weeds along those rough, keystone shaped POS concrete blocks that people build retaining walls out of. $2 of the right bladetm will outlast $2 of string and you will never have to stop and screw with it. Ever. And changing the blades take like 30 seconds total, with no tools. I tip mine up sideways and clean the grooves in the concrete walkways and do light edging the same way.
Ah - just went and got the blade package. "Grass Gator" - just the bestestestestestest. est. I will paypal you $35 if you try it and don't like it. With those blades. HEad is $15, blades are about $9. It would be nice if you would send it to me in that case. Thus the extra $10-ish,

THing is, some of the blades can last through wacking weeds along those rough, keystone shaped POS concrete blocks that people build retaining walls out of. $2 of the right bladetm will outlast $2 of string and you will never have to stop and screw with it. Ever. And changing the blades take like 30 seconds total, with no tools. I tip mine up sideways and clean the grooves in the concrete walkways and do light edging the same way.
Ah - just went and got the blade package. "Grass Gator" - just the bestestestestestest. est. I will paypal you $35 if you try it and don't like it. With those blades. HEad is $15, blades are about $9. It would be nice if you would send it to me in that case. Thus the extra $10-ish,
I'm not sure you understand the depth of my abuse, but suffice it to say, I'm not really in the market for a spinning blade trimmer.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie

Buy a used Stihl gas trimmer off craigslist.

Maybe it's overkill but gas trimmers are 10000000x more fun to use.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Buy a used Stihl gas trimmer off craigslist.

Maybe it's overkill but gas trimmers are 10000000x more fun to use.
the ego valve raves about is such a complete underpowered piece of shit compared to my mid-grade husquvarna.

Source: I have both

Source: i also abuse the shit outta the husqa, doing what jenkum does and grinding weeds out from between flagstones, chopping down 3 foot tall shit in the woods, etc.

I just refuse to get battery powered stuff. Because 5 years from now it'll only last half as long and it'll be a pain in the ass and I'll end up thinking "is it worth getting another battery, when I can get a new better tool for not much more?"

I hate throwaway shit like that. Tossed too much shit over the years because the battery was no good.

Find one with a crapped out engine, find a trolling motor, hook A to B, slap a transformer and rheostat somewhere and boogie

Status
Not open for further replies.