Thread All new 2019 Super Duper Sperm thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The squirrels are extremely plentiful. No worries there. I've actually seen one of the hawks standing on the ground get attacked by a small juvenile squirrel. The little squirrel straight up bull rushed the hawk which obviously just flew away. Wife and I both witnessed it and were utterly shocked.

Also saw the hawk perched in a tree and chilling while being attacked by a hummingbird. The hawk didn't even really notice. The hummingbird was darting around him making cute little pew pew noises. Must've been too close to the nest.

Also rescued a turtle who managed to flip himself on his back in panic trying to get in the water when we opened the slider and went out on the patio.
That's weird about the hawks - maybe ours are hungrier here in the sticks - less cat and dog food for the squirrels. Our's usually are slowly circling up high, sitting up high or speeding like an arrow shot from the clouds. 5-10 seconds of rustling in the weeds, and a squirrel, rabbit, etc. appears, hanging limp below their talons. *Some of ours are legit eagles including American Balds. Several roads with eagle in the name.
Thanks for saving the turtle.

I had a hummingbird that seemed to have a crush on me last year - would come to hang out close to me, seemed to love me spraying it with the hose lightly. Sandhill cranes too - I swear 2 females were thinking about making moves on me.
At least they were at the right height :)

Taking a break from moving plants outside - yes I am letting the bees hang out with me. No threatening moves yet.

That's weird about the hawks - maybe ours are hungrier here in the sticks - less cat and dog food for the squirrels. Our's usually are slowly circling up high, sitting up high or speeding like an arrow shot from the clouds. 5-10 seconds of rustling in the weeds, and a squirrel, rabbit, etc. appears, hanging limp below their talons. *Some of ours are legit eagles including American Balds. Several roads with eagle in the name.
Thanks for saving the turtle.

I had a hummingbird that seemed to have a crush on me last year - would come to hang out close to me, seemed to love me spraying it with the hose lightly. Sandhill cranes too - I swear 2 females were thinking about making moves on me.
At least they were at the right height :)

Taking a break from moving plants outside - yes I am letting the bees hang out with me. No threatening moves yet.
The only kill I've seen in 8 months of extensive watching was a thin bright green snake. Hung it on the limb next to him for a while and chilled. Great bird watching experience.

The only kill I've seen in 8 months of extensive watching was a thin bright green snake. Hung it on the limb next to him for a while and chilled. Great bird watching experience.
Last year I found and posted pic of a snake I found in the garden. Nice thick garter - but just a 6" piece which appears to be from damn near the middle of it.
August suggested 2 critters were eating from opposite ends like in Lady and the tramp. Guess they never got to snogging.

• Haha
Reactions: JAXvillain
Last year I found and posted pic of a snake I found in the garden. Nice thick garter - but just a 6" piece which appears to be from damn near the middle of it.
August suggested 2 critters were eating from opposite ends like in Lady and the tramp. Guess they never got to snogging.

Great description, @august! rolf

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie
And 90k SkyPesos should get you a free one way flight to ATL from JAX! Delta's rewards are complete shit.

edit: That said, see if AUs get the Global Entry perk. And also, do Global Entry, not PreCheck.
Never heard of Global Entry!? Why no pre check?

Never heard of Global Entry!? Why no pre check?
Global Entry grants you access to the Precheck program, as well as, allows you to come back QUICKLY into the country. The one time we used it, @APRIL and I were at home unpacking while everyone else in our group was still in line at the airport. Totally worth having, even if you have no immediate plans to travel internationally.

Global Entry grants you access to the Precheck program, as well as, allows you to come back QUICKLY into the country. The one time we used it, @APRIL and I were at home unpacking while everyone else in our group was still in line at the airport. Totally worth having, even if you have no immediate plans to travel internationally.
A team was sent to the Bahamas right before I got onboard so International travel is a possibility. I feel like I should still do the precheck because free is my favorite price.

So, when you're at the airport, do you just enter through the TSA precheck line with the Global Entry credentials? I've never seen a Global Entry line or sign.

THanks for the info, dude!

A team was sent to the Bahamas right before I got onboard so International travel is a possibility. I feel like I should still do the precheck because free is my favorite price.

So, when you're at the airport, do you just enter through the TSA precheck line with the Global Entry credentials? I've never seen a Global Entry line or sign.

THanks for the info, dude!
Your CC will usually pay for either. And yes, Global Entry grants you access to the Trusted Traveler program (aka Precheck).

• Gravy
If you're not familiar with manufactured spending, there's ton of way to generate quite a bit of spend for very little money.
I was just talking to the wife about that yesterday. I told her the story of the guy who made like millions of skymiles buying dollar coins from the US Mint and then returning them to his account.

I was just talking to the wife about that yesterday. I told her the story of the guy who made like millions of skymiles buying dollar coins from the US Mint and then returning them to his account.
Yep. That was me back in the day too. My bank hated me because they were required to break all the rolls and count them. :lol:

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.