Thread All new 2019 Super Duper Sperm thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the plastic strips with the pokey pieces - it's what the sign companies use. Or brush up on squab recipes and make you a nice ground-level trap. They're suckers for some bread on the ground.
I've tried with a couple different methods.

Pokey stuff doesn't work great because it's intended to keep the birds from landing on certain places. If they can land next to it, they'll force their way through and make it irritating for me to flush them out.

The clip-in barriers have the same trouble, except they destroy the barriers instead of just brushing through them, then I'm in the same spot.

Most effective way I've found so far is to watch until they build a nest and lay, then knock the whole thing out from under the panels. Usually once a pair loses a nest and a clutch, they find a different spot.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
Our last house had a pair of burrowing owls that lived at the park and we’d see them in our backyard periodically. This house we have roadrunners run around our yard every once in a while.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
I've tried with a couple different methods.

Pokey stuff doesn't work great because it's intended to keep the birds from landing on certain places. If they can land next to it, they'll force their way through and make it irritating for me to flush them out.

The clip-in barriers have the same trouble, except they destroy the barriers instead of just brushing through them, then I'm in the same spot.

Most effective way I've found so far is to watch until they build a nest and lay, then knock the whole thing out from under the panels. Usually once a pair loses a nest and a clutch, they find a different spot.
Ok, last idea - yes, I know, birds are dip shit to get rid of. Sticky. I wonder if some "Tangle-foot" on the pricky ones would make them give up.
Ah - some of the shit advertised on this page might have more promise.

Quick story, varmint related. So, I've been dieting and was recently bragging my efforts at packing healthy road trip food. Well, today I road-tripped and broke down and bought my fav for driving - some fried chicken. Thing is, I like to eat with my right hand, hit the passenger window with my left and then toss the bones so they land close to the road. I figure I am like the Johnny Appleseed of Roadkill that way, draw them to the action. "You can't et em, until you het'm."

Last edited:
BRoadcasting from a shitty Red Roof Inn, in Coldwater Michigan. 200 ml of Jack Daniels and about 2 grams of bubble hash are my only friends and companions. And the new glass pipe.

You want to know what sucks? Trying to split off a sliver of bubble hash and dropping it on the dark, wood-grain formica of your hotel room.
WHERE YOU HIDING MF'er!!

Why the fuck you in a shitty motel?
Visiting my son and his shitty, new house again. Dipshits have been in an apartment for last 9 years, totally clueless - and FAILED to have pops come look at this pos before they bought it. Hey, it DOES have curb appeal - cuteness. Anyways, I froze ass outside in 28f for 5 hours today, will repeat as long as possible tomorrow and finish Thursday if not done.
Deal is: house was built in phases about 40-50 years apart. The one part is on pillars,i.e. not supported by a perimeter wall. So the assholes just hung the equivalent of the plastic skirting they hang around the edge of a double-wide, shit doesn't even touch the ground. You can see light from the basement as you gaze across the crawlspace ! LOL
In another spot where there was a basement window big enough a large adult could climb through, the assholes just covered it with slatted porch. Like a fucking deck! I cracked open a window from the first basement area to THAT area, and the wind literally blew my hair back. I'd estimate they have total leakage equal to leaving a door open 247. ffs. We are not fixing this issue, we are doing a "quality plugging until spring".
Despite my bitching it's kind of fun. An interesting patient for sure.

Visiting my son and his shitty, new house again. Dipshits have been in an apartment for last 9 years, totally clueless - and FAILED to have pops come look at this pos before they bought it. Hey, it DOES have curb appeal - cuteness. Anyways, I froze ass outside in 28f for 5 hours today, will repeat as long as possible tomorrow and finish Thursday if not done.
Deal is: house was built in phases about 40-50 years apart. The one part is on pillars,i.e. not supported by a perimeter wall. So the assholes just hung the equivalent of the plastic skirting they hang around the edge of a double-wide, shit doesn't even touch the ground. You can see light from the basement as you gaze across the crawlspace ! LOL
In another spot where there was a basement window big enough a large adult could climb through, the assholes just covered it with slatted porch. Like a fucking deck! I cracked open a window from the first basement area to THAT area, and the wind literally blew my hair back. I'd estimate they have total leakage equal to leaving a door open 247. ffs. We are not fixing this issue, we are doing a "quality plugging until spring".
Despite my bitching it's kind of fun. An interesting patient for sure.

yeah, part of my house is like that. Even the smallest crack makes the floors icy and they have almost a foot of insulation in em

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
yeah, part of my house is like that. Even the smallest crack makes the floors icy and they have almost a foot of insulation in em
Stripped a few rows of decking off their front porch today - yeahhhhhhhh, total access to the worse spot. Filled about 12 square feet of gapping hole into the crawlspace that rolls right into their basement. "Dude, there's no more light from outside." I bet their living rooms feels 1 hell of a lot better tonight.
Tomorrow I install 2 doors, one regular pre-hung, one pocket(yeah, that is gonna look flak for a while, no time to drywall,etc). Then they all can fuck off until spring. Unless that POS furnace fails. :rolleyes:

Dayum, my Erector set looks so old-school :( That is very cool. I'm jealous, my Erector set had no brains. That might work for a date but not a robot.
This is their newest edition. It’s all snazzy and connects with Bluetooth for all the updates and coding. We’ve never done the mind storms before and the boys are very excited to see what they can get it to do.

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
@Maureen
Lookin good, gurl

zjmxpe6um6b61.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Josh and wetwillie
Status
Not open for further replies.