Thread All new 2019 Super Duper Sperm thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick chicken questions @HipHugHer and @OOD . So, I moved the water into the coop due to cold weather. They make a fucking mess and make the bedding wet, then it REALLLY smells like piss. What'chyall use for watering, if you water in the coop?

Quick chicken questions @HipHugHer and @OOD . So, I moved the water into the coop due to cold weather. They make a fucking mess and make the bedding wet, then it REALLLY smells like piss. What'chyall use for watering, if you water in the coop?

I don't water inside the coop but it doesn't get near as cold here.
Couple things that might help anyway...

Put the water up about neck level, like set it on top of something.

Put something heavy in the water bowl, a rock or brick, etc. so if they hop up on it they at least can't dump it over.

Let them sleep without water but make sure it's available throughout the day.

I can clean everything up and provide them with Crystal clear fresh water and seemingly no matter what you do they still manage to turn it into shit soup in an hour or two.

A 5 gallon one of these set on top a cinder block is the only thing I've come up with that stays clean for a long time.
Heavy enough they can't tip it and drinking area is too small they cant hang out in there and dirty it up very easily.

417dvXcb9aL._AC_UY218_.jpg

Last edited:
I never kept mine in the coop so I just had a pan outside I filled up every few days. My dad cut a plastic barrel at just below beak hight and it kept them out of it. It's a bitch to clean though.

Good thought gents - thank you.. Yeah, the cold makes it irksome. I got them a heated waterer and you can hang it, but they jostle that bitch. It would be decent otherwise. I think tomorrow I am going to have to construct sort of a shelf so that prick isn't hanging. I have it at neck height but they fuck with a hair too much and make a mess. Bitches - should kill the dem all!!! Just kidding, they are pretty cool now that we get 4-5 eggs a day. Perfect. Made a dozen pickled ones the other day. mmm, gonna be waiting for those. Used the liquid from some 3 bean salad, then topped off with some more water, salt.vinegar and a beet. 30 minutes of hot water bath, then fridge for a few weeks. rarh!

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and adi
are chickens the new cats?
holy fawk how many members here have chickens ffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can eat pussy, you can't eat a cat. Well, maybe if you are a blind Denzel in a post-apocalyptic world . . .
Hips noted, wisely, that you can always get chicken meat at the grocery, so the chickens are just for eggs and fun.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
2 of these guys live about 50ft up in a tree in my backyard. They've been chilling in a smaller tree that lost its' leaves right outside my sliding door for about half an hour now. Pretty cool. Grey hawks. We have a zillion squirrels so these guys are pretty well fed.

gray-hawk.jpg

Last edited:
are chickens the new cats?
holy fawk how many members here have chickens ffs

You can have them in the city here so I can scratch my farmer itch without trying to hide a pig or a cow in the backyard.

They're also just plain cool. Something different than your standard dogs and cats, relatively low maintenance AFTER you got everything built and set up for them, and you get "farm" fresh eggs all the time.

I got 2 bunnies too, not the Easter variety though as mine don't lay eggs.

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
2 of these guys live about 50ft up in a tree in my backyard. They've been chilling in a smaller tree that lost its' leaves right outside my sliding door for about half an hour now. Pretty cool. Grey hawks. We have a zillion squirrels so these guys are pretty well fed.

gray-hawk.jpg

be careful Curly Sue! they might mistaken your luscious curls for a nest and swoop down with their talons

• Gravy
Reactions: JAXvillain
We got a year pass for the JAX zoo and gardens. It's 122 acres on the water with over 2000 animal species and 1000 rare plants. Can't wait!
I've been there, but it was yeeeeeears ago. I enjoyed it back then, anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.