Thread All new 2019 Super Duper Sperm thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roomba decided to eat a dish of wet cat food this weekend. it actually didnt get into the vacuum portion, but completely caked one wheel.

Fun fact: The main circuit board is right behind the left wheel. Another fun fact. The main circuit board does not like being coated with cat food and let the magic smoke out.

I disassembled the whole thing and gave everything an alcohol wash and scrub, we'll see if it de-fries itself when not covered in apparently-conductive catfood. Somehow im guessing no.

I continue to be super impressed with the engineering of Roomba though. That thing was an engineers dream to disassemble. All the screws are captive, most of it is modular with nice blade contact connectors for the major units. It comes apart in big chunks with all the pieces keyed so that it can only go back together the right way

Roomba decided to eat a dish of wet cat food this weekend. it actually didnt get into the vacuum portion, but completely caked one wheel.

Fun fact: The main circuit board is right behind the left wheel. Another fun fact. The main circuit board does not like being coated with cat food and let the magic smoke out.

I disassembled the whole thing and gave everything an alcohol wash and scrub, we'll see if it de-fries itself when not covered in apparently-conductive catfood. Somehow im guessing no.

I continue to be super impressed with the engineering of Roomba though. That thing was an engineers dream to disassemble. All the screws are captive, most of it is modular with nice blade contact connectors for the major units. It comes apart in big chunks with all the pieces keyed so that it can only go back together the right way
If you get a new board, any way you can seal it up better?
I appreciate a solid write-up. hmm, maybe momma would be amused.

If you get a new board, any way you can seal it up better?
I appreciate a solid write-up. hmm, maybe momma would be amused.

even ebayed boards cost roughly 60% of the unit cost, its an older one but its still worth a bit.

Amazingly dense circuit board for a dumb robot vacuum, its just one of the bump ones, no lidar or anything.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Status
Not open for further replies.