Thread All new 2019 Super Duper Sperm thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That reminds me of this book, which was fucking AMAZING

Amazon product ASIN 0312330340
Dude goes to prison in Peru for cocaine trafficking. They have a CRAZY prison system there, where families come to live with the inmate. Also, inmates have to buy their own cell. If they don't, they often sleep outside and die of exposure in the winter. This guy ends up as a stop in the Lonely Planet guidebook, where he gives tours to Westerners and does cocaine with them as part of the tour.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
So.. ethical dilemma.

I'm gonna change jobs, been meaning to for about 2 years now. Im a gov employee right now, and would be going to a defense contractor.

Cost of living is ridiculous around here, and the government salary just doesnt cut it. Pay isnt tied to position and ive taken on more responsibility, high level roles, and associated more stress almost every year.

At this point I havent gotten a pay promotion in 8 years, despite the above increase in role. I put in every year, and every year I think I have a decent chance, but dont get it. They only gave 13 people out of almost 500 (across all roles) promotions last year.

So heres the ethical dilemma. I'm definitely leaving, I have a promotion package written up and ready to submit, and (as always) I feel like ive worked hard above my pay grade, etc etc. But I am leaving regardless of whether i get the promotion or not.

Should I submit my package, knowing that im leaving? If i do that, and i get promoted, I potentially take the slot away from someone who wouldnt be leaving.

The promotion doesnt alleviate the cost of living anyway... its 5.2% increase.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
So.. ethical dilemma.

I'm gonna change jobs, been meaning to for about 2 years now. Im a gov employee right now, and would be going to a defense contractor.

Cost of living is ridiculous around here, and the government salary just doesnt cut it. Pay isnt tied to position and ive taken on more responsibility, high level roles, and associated more stress almost every year.

At this point I havent gotten a pay promotion in 8 years, despite the above increase in role. I put in every year, and every year I think I have a decent chance, but dont get it. They only gave 13 people out of almost 500 (across all roles) promotions last year.

So heres the ethical dilemma. I'm definitely leaving, I have a promotion package written up and ready to submit, and (as always) I feel like ive worked hard above my pay grade, etc etc. But I am leaving regardless of whether i get the promotion or not.

Should I submit my package, knowing that im leaving? If i do that, and i get promoted, I potentially take the slot away from someone who wouldnt be leaving.

I don't understand why you would even bother in the first place. There's nothing in it for you, and you could take the slot away from someone else. What's the upside here?

I don't understand why you would even bother in the first place. There's nothing in it for you, and you could take the slot away from someone else. What's the upside here?
yeah, im not sure. If i got it, it could help me leverage a higher salary when i jump.

Uniquely government thing, it influences whats called my "high 3", which affects my pension.

You're in a pension arrangement, not a TIPS or w/e?

Then yeah, submit for the slot.
yeah, not full old school pension, but still to the point that the max it could be would be about 2 mil after age 60 if my factors were right.

To reach that max, id have to come back and do 5 more years of gov service sometime before I was 60

yeah, not full old school pension, but still to the point that the max it could be would be about 2 mil after age 60 if my factors were right.

To reach that max, id have to come back and do 5 more years of gov service sometime before I was 60
Sounds like you should do 5 years as a park ranger with the NPS.

So.. ethical dilemma.

Nope.
Just bail.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
So.. ethical dilemma.

Just GTFO outta there.

Also, park ranger,

Status
Not open for further replies.